- THIS WEEK
- Monday, 9/5: LABOR DAY (no school)
- Wednesday, 9/7, 9:15 - 10:30 am, at LJHS Library: Parent Welcome Coffee
- Friday, 9/9, 5:00 - 7:00 pm, at LJHS: Back to School Barbeque - BUY MEAL TICKETS IN ADVANCE
- Friday, 9/9: Deadline to confirm contact information for the school directory
- LATER ON
- Monday, 9/12: Lunch monitor volunteering starts
- Thursday, 9/22, 7:00 - 9:00 pm, at LJHS: Back to School Night
- Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS: First Parent Club Meeting
- Saturday, 10/15, 6:00 pm, in the "Hofbrauhaus" at the Embassy Suites in Tigard: Oktoberfest Auction
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
PARENT WELCOME COFFEE
Wednesday, 9/7, 9:15-10:30 am, at LJHS (in the library)
This casual coffee social is a chance to meet other parents and find out more about what's happening at LJHS. Parent Club members and LJHS staff will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. We hope you can join us! No RSVP necessary - just come by.
BACK TO SCHOOL BARBEQUE
Friday, 9/9, 5-7 pm, at LJHS
Join us for this annual community event. Attendance is free; food is $8.00 per person. Food is provided by 808 Grinds (authentic Hawaiian cuisine). Eat, socialize, and enjoy a performance by the Junior Cheer Team! Then head to LJH football game (shuttle bus provided)!
- Pre-order to guarantee your meal. There will be a selection of authentic Hawaiian dishes (choose from Kalua Pork, Fried Chicken, Shoyu Chicken, or Fried Eggplant, with rice and Asian slaw). Sorry, NO REFUNDS. Click HERE to buy your tickets now or buy tickets at the Parent Coffee on Wednesday.
- We also need more HELP with set-up and clean-up! Click HERE to sign up.
- NOTE: LAST day for early bird pricing for the Oktoberfest Auction ($70)
SCHOOL DIRECTORY: PLEASE CONFIRM CONTACT INFORMATION
Deadline to confirm contact information: Friday, September 9th
Have you confirmed your information for the school directory? It is important that ALL families do so, even if you do not want access to the directory yourself and even if you've already signed up to join the Parent Club. You should have received one or two emails about this and should use the link provided in that email to confirm or change your information. Thank you to the families who have already done so! If you have not received an email about this already or if you have any questions, please contact LJHSdirectory@gmail.com.
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
Starting September 12th -- in the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday, 9/22, 7-9 pm at LJHS
Hear from Principal Schultz, visit your child’s classrooms and hear their teachers give an overview of the year.
FIRST PARENT CLUB AND ART LITERACY VOLUNTEERS MEETING
Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS
Come join us as we kick off both the Parent Club and the Art Literacy volunteers program. You'll hear about the Parent Club plans and ideas for the coming year, including our Oktoberfest auction, and ways you can get involved. Plus you'll learn more about Art Literacy volunteering -- it is one of the few opportunities to help within the classroom! If you can’t attend the meeting but would like to volunteer or get more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators: Kari Curry (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tamara DiVergilio (email@example.com)
OKTOBERFEST IS COMING - Get Ready!
Saturday, October 15th, 2016 at 6:00 pm -- Hofbrauhaus at Embassy Suites in Tigard
Have you started Stein Hoisting training? Picked out your dirndl? Oktoberfest, the LJHS auction, is sooner than you think, and that gives us the opportunity to fund gaps and wish lists for our students' benefit THIS YEAR. Without our community and family partners, we can't put on this party. The cost is $70 per ticket (early bird pricing lasts until Sept 9) -- click here to buy your ticket today. Please join us in thanking VanillaWood and Susan Stohl for sponsoring segments of our auction.
Plus you can stay at the party...for only $10 per raffle ticket you get the chance to win the Presidential Suite for the night of the auction. Make a night of it! Join the Party and GIVE!!!
Proudly sponsored by: MASS MUTUAL
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, BBQ, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Come to the Oktoberfest Auction, our primary fundraiser: $70 each through 9/9. Join the Party and Give!
- Donate items for the Oktoberfest auction or become a sponsor (contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Our next meeting is 9/28 at 9:30am at LJHS
- Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!