- September 12th: First Parent Club Meeting and Art Lit Program Overview: 9:00AM - 10:30AM
- October 9th: Q&A with Principal Schulz and Officer Sheldon of the LOPD at 6:15PM
- October 20th: Barn Bash! A fun evening for parents to connect and support our school
- 1st Parent Club General Meeting and Art Lit Overview. Join us on September 12th for the 1st Parent Club meeting of the year. We will be providing an outline for all of the events and activities planned by the Parent Club AND we will be providing an overview of the Junior High Art Literacy Program, our parent led art program that is a complement to the Social Studies Curriculum. Correction from previous announcements is that this is an overview for the program and NOT a volunteer training.
- 1st Parent Club Parent Education Night: October 9th at 6:15PM - 7:00PM. Join our Principal, Kurt Schultz and Officer Sheldon from LOSD for an important conversation regarding student safety in a Q&A format. This event will take place just before the JH Health Curriculum presentation.
- 2018 Barn Bash: October 20th 6:00PM - 10PM. This is a parent-only event held at Barn Kestrel in West Linn. In lieu of a full-scale auction, Barn Bash will offer food, music, fun and a chance to raise money for our school via a paddle-raise, some awesome raffle items, and the always popular party-boards.
- Early Bird Tickets are $40 each and can be purchased HERE. After September 22nd ticket prices increase to $50 each so don't wait. Don't forget to sponsor tickets for teachers too!
- Interested in SPONSORING this event? Create visibility for your business and support our students and teachers! There are a limited number of Gold ($1000) and Silver ($500) sponsorship opportunities. Contact Kirsten Carnese via email at Kcarnese@gmail.com to find out about the benefits.
- RETURNING FAMILIES: You have received an email asking you to confirm your family information online. If you can not find the email, please check your spam folder.
- NEW FAMILIES:
- Go to Join MySchoolAnywhere
- Enter Code: LJHS2017
- Follow the online instructions asking you to input your family contact information.
LJHS Parent Club - General Meeting Schedule. For a calendar view of LJHS Parent Club events and meetings please click HERE. September 12th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the LJHS Library. Welcome Back meeting and Art Lit training.
October 9th: 6:15PM - 7:15PM in the library. Q&A with Kurt and Officer Sheldon
November 7th: 9:00AM- 10:30AM in the library. Vote on how to spend money raised at Barn Bash
November 14th: 7:00PM in the library. Parent Education Night. Embracing Diversity
December 12th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Update on new building, move from W. campus & parking
January 23rd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
February 5th/6th: 7:00PM Parent Education Night. Shattering Stigma
March 13th: (:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
April 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. End of year Parent Club Tea
Your 2018-2019 LJHS Parent Club Executive Board:
Ashley Krause and Tamara Divergilio, Co-Presidents
Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carenese, Co-Vice President
Zsu Winston, Treasurer
Lynne Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator
Lara James, Secretary