- THIS WEEK
- Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS: First Parent Club Meeting and Art Literacy Volunteers Introduction
- Friday, 9/30, throughout the day: Oktoberfest Wine Wall Home Pick-ups (see below for details)
- Saturday, 10/1: Reserved table seating on sale for Oktoberfest
- COMING UP SOON
- Tuesday, 10/11, 7:00 pm at LO Parks & Rec (Palisades): Free Showing of "Screenagers" Documentary
- Saturday, 10/15, 6:00 pm, in the "Hofbrauhaus" at the Embassy Suites in Tigard: Oktoberfest Auction
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
THIS FRIDAY ONLY: WINE DONATION PICK-UP AT YOUR HOUSE!
Friday, September 30th, throughout the day
Can you donate 1-2 bottles of wine (red or white, valued at $20 or higher) to be part of our OKTOBERFEST WINE WALL and sold at the event? We are aiming to collect 150+ bottles! To help make it easier, Kari Curry and Tamara DiVergilio have kindly offered to PICK UP THE BOTTLES FROM YOUR HOUSE on THIS Friday, September 30. To have your wine donation picked up at your house (or if you have any questions), email or text them with your address and leave it on your doorstep. How easy is that?!
- Kari Curry (503-970-7003 or email@example.com)
- Tamara DiVergilio (971-226-3574 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
OKTOBERFEST UPDATE: GET YOUR TICKETS, RESERVE A TABLE, SPONSOR A TEACHER, AND/OR DONATE A GIFT CARD
Saturday, October 15th, 2016 at 6:00 pm -- Hofbrauhaus at Embassy Suites in Tigard
Come join us at this fantastical annual event -- this is the Parent Club's primary way to fund financial gaps and fill school wish lists for our students THIS YEAR. Plus it is always a fun time and a great way to get to know fellow LJHS parents. Join the Party and GIVE!!!
Here are the latest details:
- GET YOUR TICKETS: Click here to buy your ticket today ($75 each by October 10th).
- BUY A RESERVED TABLE FOR YOU & YOUR FRIENDS: Gather a group of 10 or 14 friends and buy a reservation for a table just for your group. You'll be seated in a prime location and will get wine just for your table. Reserved tables are limited and will go on sale this Saturday, October 1.
- SPONSOR A TEACHER: Can't make it or want to ensure our teachers can come too? Buy a ticket for a teacher for $40!
- DONATE A GIFT CARD: We need everyone's help to have a successful event! We are currently looking for gift card donations to round out some auction items and offset some of the costs of the event so that we have more funds to support our kids. Here are some ideas: Costco, Fred Meyer, Home Depot, Michaels, Whole Foods, Target, or Walmart. Any amount is greatly appreciated! Just put the cards in the Parent Club mailbox at school, bring to this Wednesday's Parent Club meeting, or leave out with your wine being picked up on Friday!
- Click here to see some of our other donation needs.
Congrats to Zack and Candace Mitchell for winning the Presidential Suite at the Embassy Suites for the night of Oktoberfest! And thanks to all who participated in the raffle too.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS: Please join us in thanking Mass Mutual for being our general event sponsor and VanillaWood and realtor Susan Stohl for sponsoring segments of our auction.
FIRST PARENT CLUB AND ART LITERACY VOLUNTEERS MEETING
Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS
Come join us as we kick off both the Parent Club and the Art Literacy volunteers program.
- You'll hear about the Parent Club plans and ideas for the coming year, including our Oktoberfest auction, upcoming pie sales, and ways you can get involved. Click here for the latest financials for the Parent Club, including the audit of 2015-16, P&L statements and balance sheets.
- Plus you'll learn more about Art Literacy volunteering -- it is one of the few opportunities to help within the classroom!
- We will also show a screening of the documentary "Screenagers" (see below for more details) and be able to ask questions about the movie.
- REMINDER: Our Parent Club Directory will go to print in a couple of weeks. If you haven’t already, please confirm your info and pay your Parent Club dues and an email will be sent to you to grant you online access to the directory.
- If you can’t attend the meeting but would like to volunteer or get more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators: Kari Curry (email@example.com) or Tamara DiVergilio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FREE SHOWING OF "SCREENAGERS" DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE IMPACT OF TECHNOLOGY ON KIDS
Tuesday, October 11 at 7:00 pm (doors open at 6:30): LO Parks & Recreation (Palisades - 1500 Greentree Rd)
Join Lake Oswego families for a free showing of “Screenagers: growing up in the digital age,” the first feature documentary to explore the harmful impacts of screen technology on kids and to offer parents solutions that work to minimize the impact and find balance in their family’s lives. Sponsored by the Lake Oswego Public Library and the LO Parks & Recreation, this free event takes place at Palisades (1500 Greentree Rd.) on Tuesday, October 11, at 7 pm. Movie last for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Doors will open at 6:30 pm. For more information please check the Library’s website at LOPL.org or call 503-697-6580
WHO WANTS PIE?
Stock your freezer for the holidays with delicious, whole-fruit pies, cobblers and frozen fruit from Willamette Valley Pie Co! The Parent Club is running this sweet fundraiser, at the same prices as your local retailer BUT with a portion of the proceeds from each item sold going to our school. More details to come soon -- look for a flyer to come home with your student(s) and online sales to be available shortly.
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - email@example.com
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - email@example.com
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
If you clipped BoxTops over the summer, thank you and now is the time to bring them in! We earned over $575 on BoxTops last school year, so we appreciate all your help. Please continue collecting BoxTops and drop them in the bright blue box hanging outside the school office. Thank you!
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Come to the Oktoberfest Auction, our primary fundraiser: $75 each. Join the Party and Give!
- Donate items for the Oktoberfest auction or become a sponsor (contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Our next meeting is 9/28 at 9:30am at LJHS
- Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com
Oktoberfest is proudly sponsored by: