- Oktoberfest Auction: Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park. Buy your tickets today to ensure your spot! We are currently searching for donations to fill out our auction items -- check out our WISH LIST. And click HERE if you'd like to get involved in helping us with this fun and important event.
- Top Volunteer Needs: STUDENT STORE (Click HERE to sign up or email the Store Managers) and LUNCH MONITORS (NO NEED TO SIGN UP! DROP-INS WELCOME! Click HERE for the daily schedule.) Also help is needed with Oktoberfest, Art Literacy, Hospitality, Library and more! Click HERE to sign up or contact Volunteer Coordinator Kari Curry.
- BoxTops Contest: Starts next week (Oct 2-20) -- winning advisory class gets a party!
- We Had Our First Parent Club Meeting: Thanks to all those who attended! Minutes will be shared soon.
- See details below... and the full calendar here
What: Our school's primary fundraiser and community builder (adults only)
When: Saturday, October 21st, 2017 at 5:30 pm
Where: Oaks Park (in the Dance Pavilion) in Portland
Why: To support our kids and have fun!
How Much: $75 each
What to Do Next:
- Buy EVENT tickets and/or sponsor a TEACHER to attend
- IMPORTANT: DONATE an item to be auctioned off. We need everyone's help to have a successful event! You can either solicit them from businesses and individuals or purchase them yourself and donate them to the school. Click here to see our primary needs or contact Robin Walsh with questions.
- VOLUNTEER: Click HERE to see the various ways you can get involved ... or reach out to Julie Davidson.
CAN YOU HELP? PRIMARY VOLUNTEER NEEDS ARE...
- STUDENT STORE: Did you know that the store can't be open unless we have parent volunteers there? So we need some more help. You'll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Only requires 20 minute shifts during each lunch period. Click HERE to sign up or email the Store Managers. Also, please donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. NO NEED TO SIGN UP! DROP-INS WELCOME! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
THANKS FOR COMING TO OUR FIRST PARENT CLUB MEETING
We had a great turn-out and covered many important topics, including Oktoberfest, Art Litercy volunteers, Box Tops, and how to use Google Classroom and ParentVue (Syngery). Minutes to be shared soon. And mark your calendar for our next meeting: Nov 1 @ 9am in the library.
BOX TOPS TO THE RESCUE!
October 2-20 Contest!
Get your Box Tops ready! Our Box Tops contest starts runs October 2-20. Advisory classrooms will compete to collect the most Box Tops. The top 6th, 7th and 8th grade Advisory classrooms will win a party!
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- Applicable games: Oct 7 vs. WSU, and Nov 18 vs. Arizona
If you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions of any kind: 6th grade: Janell Herman, 7th grade: Heather Hart, 8th grade: Kari Curry.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.