- THIS WEEK
- Thursday, 9/22, TAG Meeting: 6:00-6:30, General Session: 6:30 - 9:05 pm, at LJHS: Back to School Night
- THE FOLLOWING WEEK
- Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS: First Parent Club Meeting and Art Literacy Volunteers Introduction
- Friday, 9/30, throughout the day: Oktoberfest Wine Wall Home Pick-ups (see below for details)
- NEXT MONTH
- Tuesday, 10/11, 7:00 pm at LO Parks & Rec (Palisades): Free Showing of "Screenagers" Documentary
- Saturday, 10/15, 6:00 pm, in the "Hofbrauhaus" at the Embassy Suites in Tigard: Oktoberfest Auction
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday, 9/22, 6:30 - 9:05 pm at LJHS (6 pm meeting for TAG parents)
Hear from Principal Schultz and Parent Club President Janell Herman, visit your child’s classrooms and hear the teachers give an overview of the year or trimester. Come a little early and visit the Parent Club table, where we’ll help you with the following:
- BUY TICKETS FOR OKTOBERFEST, our primary fundraiser (see below for details)
- LAST CHANCE to Buy Raffle Tickets for a chance to win the Presidential Suite for the night of the auction. THE WINNER WILL BE DRAWN BY PRINCIPAL SCHULTZ DURING HIS PRESENTATION.
- SIGN UP FOR THE PARENT CLUB ($35 a family) - membership gets you access to the online student directory and voting rights within the Club
- VISIT THE STUDENT STORE by buy spirit wear and more
27 DAYS TO OKTOBERFEST - DO YOU HAVE YOUR TICKET YET?
Saturday, October 15th, 2016 at 6:00 pm -- Hofbrauhaus at Embassy Suites in Tigard
Come join us at this fantastical annual event -- this is the Parent Club's primary way to fund financial gaps and fill school wish lists for our students THIS YEAR. Plus it is always a fun time and a great way to get to know fellow LJHS parents. Join the Party and GIVE!!!
Here are some of the details:
- TICKETS: The cost is $75 per ticket -- click here to buy your ticket today. Tickets will also be sold before the Back to School Night presentation this Tuesday.
- Can't make it or want to ensure our teachers can come too? Buy a ticket for a teacher for $40!
- RAFFLE: Want to stay the night after the party? For $10 per raffle ticket you get the chance to win the Presidential Suite for the night of the auction. Make a night of it! Your last chance to buy these raffle tickets is THIS THURSDAY 9/22, BEFORE the Back to School Night presentation. Visit us at the Parent Club table to buy your tickets!
- AUCTION DONATIONS: We need everyone's help to have a successful event! Can you help by donating items to be auctioned off? You can either solicit them from businesses and individuals or purchase them yourself and donate them to the school. Click here to see our primary needs.
- WINE WALL: We are collecting 150 bottles of wine (red or white) valued at $20.00 or higher, to be part of our OKTOBERFEST WINE WALL and sold at the event.
- Kari Curry and Tamara DiVergilio have kindly offered to PICK UP THE BOTTLES FROM YOUR HOUSE on Friday, September 30. To have your wine donation picked up at your house (or if you have any questions), email or text them with your address and leave it on your doorstep. How easy is that?!
- THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS: Please join us in thanking Mass Mutual for being our general event sponsor and VanillaWood and realtor Susan Stohl for sponsoring segments of our auction.
Tuesday, October 11 at 7:00 pm (doors open at 6:30): LO Parks & Recreation (Palisades - 1500 Greentree Rd)
Join Lake Oswego families for a free showing of “Screenagers: growing up in the digital age,” the first feature documentary to explore the harmful impacts of screen technology on kids and to offer parents solutions that work to minimize the impact and find balance in their family’s lives. Sponsored by the Lake Oswego Public Library and the LO Parks & Recreation, this free event takes place at Palisades (1500 Greentree Rd.) on Tuesday, October 11, at 7 pm. Movie last for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Doors will open at 6:30 pm. For more information please check the Library’s website at LOPL.org or call 503-697-6580.
FIRST PARENT CLUB AND ART LITERACY VOLUNTEERS MEETING
Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS
Come join us as we kick off both the Parent Club and the Art Literacy volunteers program. You'll hear about the Parent Club plans and ideas for the coming year, including our Oktoberfest auction, and ways you can get involved. Plus you'll learn more about Art Literacy volunteering -- it is one of the few opportunities to help within the classroom!
- If you can’t attend the meeting but would like to volunteer or get more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators: Kari Curry (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tamara DiVergilio (email@example.com)
- Click here for the audit results of last year's Parent Club financials (2015-2016)
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
If you clipped BoxTops over the summer, thank you and now is the time to bring them in! We earned over $575 on BoxTops last school year, so we appreciate all your help. Please continue collecting BoxTops and drop them in the bright blue box hanging outside the school office. Thank you!
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - email@example.com
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Come to the Oktoberfest Auction, our primary fundraiser: $75 each. Join the Party and Give!
- Donate items for the Oktoberfest auction or become a sponsor (contact Michele at email@example.com)
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Our next meeting is 9/28 at 9:30am at LJHS
- Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
Oktoberfest is proudly sponsored by: