- First Parent Club Meeting: THIS Wednesday, 9/20, 9-10 am, at LJHS (library). Learn about Oktoberfest, Art Literacy, homework/grades access, and more!
- Oktoberfest Auction: Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park. Buy your tickets today to ensure your spot! Click HERE if you'd like to get involved in helping us with this fun and important event.
- Top Volunteer Needs: Student Store (20 minute shifts during each lunch period) and Lunch Monitoring (drop-ins welcome!). Also help is needed with Oktoberfest, Art Literacy, Hospitality, Library and more! Click HERE to sign up or contact Volunteer Coordinator Kari Curry.
- See details below... and the full calendar here
THERE'S ALWAYS TIME TO SAY "THANK YOU!"
We hope you had fun at our annual Back to School Barbeque on Friday! We'd like to send a special thank you to Kelley Peake, our wonderful BC leaders, and of course the many parent volunteers for your help in setting it up, managing tickets, and cleaning up afterwards. We couldn't do it without you!
IRST PARENT CLUB MEETING: ART LITERACY INTRO + GOOGLE CLASSROOM TRAINING
Wednesday, 9/20, 9:00 - 10:00 am, at LJHS -- right after school starts
All are encouraged to attend -- find out what the Parent Club is all about and meet other parents! Our core topics will include:
- Oktoberfest Auction: what, when and how to get involved
- Art Literacy Volunteering: it is one of the few opportunities to help within the classroom! If you can't attend the meeting but would like to volunteer or get more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry.
- Homework/Grades Access Training: learn how to view your child's homework and grades via tools such as Google Classroom, ParentVue, and more.
What: Our school's primary fundraiser and community builder (adults only)
When: Saturday, October 21st, 2017 at 5:30 pm
Where: Oaks Park (in the Dance Pavilion) in Portland
Why: To support our kids and have fun!
How Much: $75 each
What to Do Next:
- Buy EVENT tickets and/or sponsor a TEACHER to attend
- DONATE an item to be auctioned off or contact Robin Walsh with questions.
- VOLUNTEER: Click HERE to see the various ways you can get involved ... or reach out to Julie Davidson.
- Student Store: Did you know that the store can't be open unless we have parent volunteers there? So we need some more help. You'll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Only requires 20 minute shifts during each lunch period. Click HERE to sign up. Email Store Managers with questions.
- Lunch Monitors: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. DROP-INS WELCOME! Click HERE to sign up.
- Questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
BOX TOPS TO THE RESCUE!
October 5-19 Contest!
Help Lakeridge earn cash by clipping Box Tops! Each one is worth 10¢ and proceeds help fund Parent Club projects like new technology, equipment and more. So get your Box Tops ready – we’re having a Box Tops contest October 5-19. Stay tuned for details.
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- Applicable games: Oct 7 vs. WSU, and Nov 18 vs. Arizona
If you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions of any kind: 6th grade: Janell Herman, 7th grade: Heather Hart, 8th grade: Kari Curry.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 9/20/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.