Please mark your calendars with these important dates.
- October 9th: 1st Parent Club Parent Education Night: Q&A with Principal Schultz and Officer Sheldon from the LOPD. 6:15PM - 7:00PM
- October 20th: 2018 Barn Bash Fundraiser: 6:00PM - 10:00PM at Barn Kestral in West Linn
- 1st Parent Club Parent Education Night: October 9th at 6:15PM - 7:00PM. Join our Principal, Kurt Schultz and Officer Sheldon from LOSD for an important parent only conversation regarding student safety in a Q&A format. This event will take place just before the JH Health Curriculum presentation.
- 2018 Barn Bash: October 20th 6:00PM - 10PM. This a parent-only event held at Barn Kestrel in West Linn. In lieu of a full-scale auction, Barn Bash will offer food, music, fun and a chance to raise money for our school via a paddle-raise, some awesome raffle items, and the always popular party-boards
- Early Bird Tickets are $40 each and can be purchased HERE. After September 22nd ticket prices increase to $50 each so don't wait. Don't forget to sponsor tickets for teachers too!
- Interested in SPONSORING this event? Create visibility for your business and support our students and teachers! There are a limited number of sponsorship opportunities available. Contact Kirsten Carnese via email at Kcarnese@gmail.com to find out about the benefits.
- SCHOOL STORE: Did you know that the store can’t be open unless we have parent volunteers there? We have an immediate need for a parent volunteer in the school store on Wednesday and Friday “C" Lunch from 1:11PM-1:41PM. You’ll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Please contact Susan Stohl directly at email@example.com , if you are able to volunteer at that time. Once a week or once a month, any time is appreciated.
- You can also support the School Store by donating any used printer cartridges to the school office. These are exchanged for credit through the Staples Reward Program.
- ART LIT: Were you unable to attend our Art Lit overview last Wednesday but, are still interested in being a part of the Art Lit team? Please Sign Up via the signup genius. No artistic experience is necessary. It’s a great opportunity to help in your child’s classroom. The commitment is only 3 times per year.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child’s day by spending 30 minutes at school for lunchtime supervision. Feel free to SIGN UP or just drop in. Click HERE for the daily schedule. “A” Lunch is for 6th graders only and “B” and “C” lunches are for 7th and 8th graders.
Please be sure to check your information to make sure it is accurate .
- RETURNING FAMILIES: You have received an email asking you to confirm your family information online. If you can not find the email, please check your spam folder.
- NEW FAMILIES:
- Go to Join MySchoolAnywhere
- Enter Code: LJHS2017
- Follow the online instructions asking you to input your family contact information.
October 9th: 6:15PM - 7:15PM in the library. Q&A with Kurt and Officer Sheldon
November 7th: 9:00AM- 10:30AM in the library. Vote on how to spend money raised at Barn Bash
November 14th: 7:00PM in the library. Parent Education Night. Embracing Diversity
December 12th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Update on new building, move from W. campus & parking
January 23rd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
February 5th/6th: 7:00PM Parent Education Night. Shattering Stigma
March 13th: (:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
April 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. End of year Parent Club Tea
Your 2018-2019 LJHS Parent Club Executive Board:
Ashley Krause and Tamara Divergilio, Co-Presidents
Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carenese, Co-Vice President
Zsu Winston, Treasurer
Lynne Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator
Lara James, Secretary