This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teach Organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on all of our events and give you plenty of opportunities to get involved.
- Monday - Sept 14
- Tuesday - Sept 15
- Wednesday - Sept 16
- Thursday - Sept 17: Early release (2:05 pm) and Back to School Night, 6:30 - 9:00 pm at LJHS
- Friday - Sept 18
- Sept 30: Parent Club General Meeting, 9:30 - 10:30 am at LJHS
- Oct 17: Oktoberfest (Parent Club FUN-draiser), 6:00 - 10:00 pm at Marylhurst University
- Get a full calendar here
First, Let’s Say THANK YOU:
- Were you able to join us for our Welcome Back Parent Coffee last week? It was a great turn-out. Thank you to the Parent Club volunteers who made it happen!
- Plus a GIANT thank you to Kelley Peake and Jen Pahl, who organized the annual Back to School BBQ. It was fantastic!
Thursday Sept. 17, 6:30-9:00 pm at LJHS
We hope to see you there! Be sure to visit the Parent Club table at Back to School Night, where we’ll help you with the following:
- Sign up for the Parent Club ($35 a family) - membership gets you access to the online student directory and voting rights within the Club
- Sign up for Oktoberfest, our primary fundraiser (see below for details)
- Buy a Pacer "cuddle rugs" are super plush fleece blankets (50" x 60") and come with a stadium carry strap. Lasered with the Pacer "L", these are perfect for everything from fall games to baby gifts for future Pacers! Only $35 each, limited quantity of Pacer blue or light pink. Purchase with your Oktoberfest tickets here, or on their own here.
Saturday Oct. 17, 6 - 10 pm at Marylhurst University
Oktoberfest is the Parent Club’s annual celebration and silent auction. We hope to see you there.
- Tickets are on sale now and over 150 have already been sold - you will know someone there!
- $70 for the month of September, and $75 throughout October.
- Can't make it? Consider sponsoring a teacher ticket!
- Can you make a donation? The more donated, the more money we can raise!
- Click here for ideas and online donation form
- Donate a gift card (Amazon, Home Depot, grocery). They are an easy way to support the event. These can be sent to LJHSOktoberfest@gmail.com.
- Donate to the Oktoberfest Wine Wall and 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. We are currently collecting bottles of wine (red or white) valued at $20.00 or higher and craft beers. If you have donations or questions please contact Kari Curry (503-970-7003 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tamara DiVergilio (971-226-3574 or email@example.com).
- Have you spotted the Giant Pretzel on Royce way? That's our Chair's House and all donations can be dropped off there!
- Want to get involved? They are also many different ways to help. Contact Julie Davidson, Auction Chair, with any questions.
- SEE OUR PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR DETAILS
In addition to Oktoberfest, here are some ways we most need your help at this time:
- We are still looking to fill two committee chair spots: 8th Grade Celebration and Lost & Found. Sign up here or contact our volunteer coordinators (see below).
- Help at The Power House, our Student Store: The student run school store is open during the lunch period and needs parents present to oversee operations. Our goal is to be open every day, but we need help to make that happen! We need parents for 20 minutes for each lunch shift. Please contact Nilla Persson for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a Lunch Monitor. Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. NOTE: If you already signed up to be a lunch monitor via the “volunteer spot” website, please sign up again via “sign-up genius”. Sorry for the inconvenience - we are trying to simplify the volunteer process.