Check out what's coming next, from the LJHS Parent Club...
- THIS WEEK
- Monday, 9/12: Lunch monitor volunteering starts
- Monday, 9/12: BoxTops collection starts
- LATER THIS MONTH
- Thursday, 9/22, 6:30 - 9:05 pm, at LJHS: Back to School Night (DIFFERENT TIME THAN INITIALLY REPORTED HERE)
- Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS: First Parent Club Meeting and Art Literacy Volunteers Introduction
- NEXT MONTH
- Saturday, 10/15, 6:00 pm, in the "Hofbrauhaus" at the Embassy Suites in Tigard: Oktoberfest Auction
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
Thank you to the many volunteers and attendees who made last week's two main events so successful: the Welcome Back Parent Coffee and the Back to School BBQ! The Parent Club hosted the Welcome Back Coffee and we had a great turn out. We were thrilled to meet many new families and connect with old friends! The BBQ was a great event as always - and we especially appreciate the hard work of the lead organizers, Kelley Peake and Jennifer Pahl, and the assistance from many volunteers. THANK YOU ALL!
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - email@example.com
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Monday, September 12th -- in the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
If you clipped BoxTops over the summer, thank you and now is the time to bring them in! We earned over $575 on BoxTops last school year, so we appreciate all your help. Please continue collecting BoxTops and drop them in the bright blue box hanging outside the school office. Thank you!
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday, 9/22, 6:30 -9:05 pm at LJHS (6 pm meeting for TAG parents)
Hear from Principal Schultz and Parent Club President Janell Herman, visit your child’s classrooms and hear their teachers give an overview of the year.
FIRST PARENT CLUB AND ART LITERACY VOLUNTEERS MEETING
Wednesday, 9/28, 9:30 - 10:30 am, at LJHS
Come join us as we kick off both the Parent Club and the Art Literacy volunteers program. You'll hear about the Parent Club plans and ideas for the coming year, including our Oktoberfest auction, and ways you can get involved. Plus you'll learn more about Art Literacy volunteering -- it is one of the few opportunities to help within the classroom! If you can’t attend the meeting but would like to volunteer or get more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators: Kari Curry (email@example.com) or Tamara DiVergilio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OKTOBERFEST IS COMING - Get Ready!
Saturday, October 15th, 2016 at 6:00 pm -- Hofbrauhaus at Embassy Suites in Tigard
Have you started Stein Hoisting training? Picked out your dirndl? Oktoberfest, the LJHS auction, is sooner than you think, and that gives us the opportunity to fund gaps and wish lists for our students' benefit THIS YEAR. Without our community and family partners, we can't put on this party. The cost is $75 per ticket -- click here to buy your ticket today. Please join us in thanking VanillaWood and Susan Stohl for sponsoring segments of our auction.
Plus you can stay at the party...for only $10 per raffle ticket you get the chance to win the Presidential Suite for the night of the auction. Make a night of it! Join the Party and GIVE!!!
Proudly sponsored by:
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, BBQ, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Come to the Oktoberfest Auction, our primary fundraiser: $70 each through 9/9. Join the Party and Give!
- Donate items for the Oktoberfest auction or become a sponsor (contact Michele at email@example.com)
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Our next meeting is 9/28 at 9:30am at LJHS
- Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!