- Back to School Night: THIS Thursday, 9/14, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, at LJHS
- The Parent Club will be giving away $50 towards the Student Store!
- The Parent Club will be giving away $50 towards the Student Store!
- Back to School Barbeque: THIS Friday, 9/15, 5:00 - 7:00 pm, at LJHS
- Oktoberfest Auction: Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park
- Ways to Support Our School & Students:
- Volunteer: Lunch Monitoring, Back to School BBQ, Oktoberfest, Student Store, Art Literacy, Hospitality, Library and more! Click HERE to sign up or contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry at email@example.com.
- BoxTops Contest: October 5-19. Stay tuned for details.
- Buy Ducks tickets: See below for details
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues support students & staff!
- Confirm your contact information for the school directory by THIS Friday, 9/15
- First Parent Club Meeting: NEXT Wednesday, 9/20, 9:00 - 10:00 am, at LJHS
- Check out our website for more details about events and volunteer opportunities.
- See details below... and the full calendar here
Thank you to all who attended our Welcome Back Coffee last week. The turn out was great and we loved seeing old friends and making new ones. Please always feel free to reach out to the Parent Club with questions and ideas! And if you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help!
- 6th grade: Janell Herman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 7th grade: Heather Hart (email@example.com)
- 8th grade: Kari Curry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BACK TO SCHOOL BARBEQUE
Friday, 9/15, 5-7 pm, at LJHS -- for the whole family!
Get back into the school groove at our Back to School Barbecue. Catch up with friends and get to know your fellow LJHS parents and families. Attendance is free! Food is offered by KOI Fusion (innovative Korean & Mexican food) and a local taco truck and food tickets are available for $9.00 per person. Eat, socialize, then head to this season's first home LJH football game (via a free shuttle bus)! Bring your blankets and chairs and join us on the lawn, plus we will have tables set up in the cafeteria.
- Click HERE to pre-order your food to guarantee your meal (LAST DAY TO PRE-ORDER IS END OF DAY TUESDAY 9/12). Choose beef, chicken or tofu for your meal ticket. That night you can choose whether you want tacos, a burrito or a bowl. NOTE: Please select chicken if you need a gluten free choice. Sorry, NO REFUNDS.
- Volunteers are needed for set-up, help with will collecting/selling tickets, and help with clean up. Time commitment is minimal. People are needed across four shifts between 4:15 - 7:30pm. Click HERE to help!
- NOTE: Oktoberfest Auction tickets will be available for purchase...early-bird pricing ($65) ends at midnight 9/15!
WANT TO BE A LUNCH MONITOR?
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. DROP-INS WELCOME! Click HERE to sign up or contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry at email@example.com.
SCHOOL DIRECTORY: PLEASE CONFIRM CONTACT INFORMATION
DEADLINE: Friday, September 15th
Have you confirmed your information for the school directory? It is important that ALL families do so, even if you do not want access to the directory yourself and even if you've already signed up to join the Parent Club. You should have received one or two emails about this and should use the link provided in that email to confirm or change your information. Thank you to the families who have already done so! If you have not received an email about this already or if you have any questions, please contact LJHSdirectory@gmail.com.
FIRST PARENT CLUB MEETING: ART LITERACY INTRO + GOOGLE CLASSROOM TRAINING
Wednesday, 9/20, 9:00 - 10:00 am, at LJHS -- right after school starts
All are encouraged to attend -- find out what the Parent Club is all about and meet other parents! Our core topics will include:
- Oktoberfest Auction: what, when and how to get involved
- Art Literacy Volunteering: it is one of the few opportunities to help within the classroom! If you can't attend the meeting but would like to volunteer or get more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homework/Grades Access Training: learn how to view your child's homework and grades via tools such as Google Classroom, ParentVue, and more.
What: Our school's primary fundraiser and community builder (adults only)
When: Saturday, October 21st, 2017 at 5:30 pm
Where: Oaks Park (in the Dance Pavilion) in Portland
Why: To support our kids and have fun!
How Much: Early-bird pricing ($65) has been extended to midnight on 9/15 (Back-to-School BBQ), then goes up to $75.
What to Do Next:
- Buy EVENT tickets and/or sponsor a TEACHER to attend
- DONATE an item to be auctioned off or contact Robin Walsh with questions @ email@example.com
- BE A SPONSOR: Sponsorship opportunities are still available but only through this Friday! Reach our community for as little as $250, or make a big splash - we'd love to work with you! Questions? Contact Julie Davidson @ LJHSOktoberfest@gmail.com
- VOLUNTEER: Click HERE to see the various ways you can get involved ... or reach out to Julie Davidson @ LJHSOktoberfest@gmail.com
Sponsorship opportunities are still available - contact LJHSOktoberfest@gmail.com to support our kids!
BOX TOPS TO THE RESCUE!
October 5-19 Contest!
Help Lakeridge earn cash by clipping Box Tops! Each one is worth 10¢ and proceeds help fund Parent Club projects like new technology, equipment and more. So get your Box Tops ready – we’re having a Box Tops contest October 5-19. Stay tuned for details.
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- Applicable games: Oct 7 vs. WSU, and Nov 18 vs. Arizona
LOCR - LAKE OSWEGO COMMUNITY ROWING
Here's a note from Head Coach & Executive Director Todd Vogt (and come visit their table at the Back-to-School BBQ):
- Hello from the Charlie S. Brown Water Sports Center down on the Willamette River! The fall season has just begun for the Lake Oswego Community Rowing Team (LOCR) and we are excited. We have a variety of teams including Men's and Women's Varsity Teams, and Men's and Women's Novice Teams. Anyone in their first year of rowing is considered a novice and they train and race against other novices. We also have a Middle School program for 7th and 8th graders which is a developmental program that only practices three days a week and does not travel. Rowing is a great way for kids to get exercise and is considered the ultimate team sport. There's still time to join this fall, even though fall practice has already started. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Go LOCR! firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-206-7481)
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 9/20/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, Back to School BBQ, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- President: Janell Herman (email@example.com) and Robin Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President: Karie Jett (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Heather Dudley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Heather Hart (email@example.com)
- Volunteer Coordinator: Kari Curry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fundraising: Julie Davidson (email@example.com)
- Check out our website for more information.