Monday - Sept 7: Labor Day - NO SCHOOL; Deadline for ordering meals for the Back to School BBQ
Tuesday - Sept 8: WELCOME BACK PARENT COFFEE (NEW!), 9:30-11 am at LJHS
Thursday - Sept 10: Early release (2:05 pm)
Friday - Sept 11: Back to School BBQ, 5:00 - 7:00 pm at LJHS
Saturday - Sept 12: Lake Oswego Oregon Stake Annual Service Project
IMPORTANT FUTURE DATES
Sept 17: Back to School Night, 6:30 - 8:30 pm at LJHS
Sept 30: Parent Club General Meeting, 9:30 - 10:30 am at LJHS
Oct 17: Oktoberfest (Parent Club FUN-draiser), 6:00 - 10:00 pm at Marylhurst University - $70 a person through September
Get a full calendar here
THANK YOU to all the parents who volunteered at our two registration days -- we couldn't have done it without you! And now we could use some help with the Back to School BBQ, Student Store, Lunch Monitors, Oktoberfest and more. See below for details - and thank you in advance for your help!
WELCOME BACK PARENT COFFEE
Tuesday, Sept. 8th, 9:30-11am at LJHS (conference room across from the gym)
All parents are welcome to join us. Come make new friends, catch up with old ones and get your school questions answered. We hope to see you there!
BACK TO SCHOOL BBQ
Friday Sept. 11, 5-7pm at LJHS, rain or shine!
Bring your family and help celebrate the new year with fellow LJHS families! This is a family event - no drop-offs please!
- Pine Shed Ribs will be cooking up a meal that includes your choice of Pulled Pork or Portabella Mushroom Sliders with slaw, chips, cookie, and a drink.
- If you missed the food order deadline (Monday, Sept. 7), feel free to pack up a picnic dinner and join us on the lawn.
- Enjoy performances by the Pacer Band, along with the Cheer and Dance teams. The fun continues through the evening at Lakeridge High School's first football game of the season. Take the shuttle from the LJHS parking lot and avoid the search for a parking space (for both parents and students.)
- Can you take a shift and lend a helping hand?We need help with set-up (4-5pm), serving (5-6pm or 6-7pm), and clean up (5:30-6:30pm or6:30-7:30pm). Sign up now and thank you for your help!
- SEE THE PARENT CLUB WEBSITE FOR DETAILS
LAKE OSWEGO OREGON STAKE SERVICE PROJECT
Saturday Sept. 12th, 8:30 -11:00am
The Lake Oswego Oregon Stake is hosting its annual service project, working in conjunction with the City of Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation Department and JustServe.org to help beautify some of our city parks.
- Meet at Freepons Park to receive your assignment (1399 Bickner Street in Lack Oswego)
- This is a wonderful service opportunity for students, families and neighbors in Lake Oswego, to work together for a good cause. At both the Jr. High and High School levels there are students who will additionally benefit from service hours through this opportunity.
- Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Camille Gifford (firstname.lastname@example.org) or or Vixie Jones, Project Coordinator (email@example.com)
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday Sept. 17, 6:30-8:30pm at LJHS
Visit the Parent Club table at Back to School Night, where we’ll help you with the following:
- Sign up for the Parent Club ($35 a family) - membership gets you access to the online student directory and voting rights within the Club
- Sign up for Oktoberfest, the Parent Club’s primary fundraiser (see below for details)
- Exclusive to LJHS! Pacer Cuddle rugs are super plush fleece blankets, 50" x 60" and come with a stadium carry strap. Lasered with the Pacer "L", these are perfect for everything from fall games to baby gifts for Future Pacers! Only $35 each, limited quantity of Pacer Blue or Light Pink. Purchase with your Oktoberfest tickets here, or on their own here.
Saturday Oct. 17, 6 - 10 pm at Marylhurst University
Oktoberfest is the Parent Club’s annual celebration and silent auction. We hope to see you there!
- Tickets are on sale online now (or at upcoming Parent Club events) and over 100 have already been sold - you will know someone there!
- $70 for the month of September, and $75 throughout October.
- Can't make it? Consider Sponsoring a teacher ticket!
- Have you spotted the Giant Pretzel on Royce way? That's our Oktoberfest Chair's House and all donations can be dropped off there!
- Please donate to the Oktoberfest Wine Wall and 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. We are currently collecting bottles of wine (red or white) valued at $20.00 or higher and craft beers. If you have donations or questions please contact Kari Curry (503-970-7003 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tamara DiVergilio (971-226-3574 or email@example.com).
- SNEAK PEEK: This week we are focusing our efforts on completing two baskets for auction: 1) Zombie-Apocalypse-Themed Emergency Survival kit (think theme items - first aid, water purifier, food rations, games and more! AND 2) A Year of Date Nights (including gift cards from LO and Portland restaurants, movie tickets, theater tickets, adventure and more!
- Want to get involved? We need your help putting this all together. Have something to donate to the auction? We need that too! Contact Julie Davidson, Auction Chair, to volunteer or donate today.
- SEE OUR PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR DETAILS
There are always many opportunities to get involved and lend a helping hand. In addition to the events mentioned above, here are some ways we most need your help at this time:
- Help at The Power House, our Student Store: The student run school store is open during the lunch period and needs parents present to oversee operations. Our goal is to be open every day, but we need help to make that happen! We need parents for 20 minutes for each lunch shift. Please contact Nilla Persson for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a Lunch Monitor. Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.
- Help with Art Literacy: Grade level coordinators and team members needed to present Art Literacy lessons and assist with hands on art projects throughout the school year. Lessons tie in to current curriculum. Click here for more information.