We are in high gear planning for our Oktoberfest fundraiser...won't you join us? Sign up today! We also have pie & fruit sales and a Coat Drive coming up plus don't forget about our Box Tops contest this month. See below for all of the details -- and thank you!
- Oktoberfest Auction: Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park. Buy your tickets today to ensure your spot! You can also reserve a table for $100 (10 people) to ensure you sit with your friends. We are currently searching for donations to fill out our auction items -- check out our WISH LIST or even donate money. And click HERE if you'd like to get involved in helping us with this fun and important event.
- Coat Drive: Starting NEXT MONDAY October 16 through October 27 -- drop off new or gently used warm winter coats, gloves, and scarves in all sizes, infant to adult. Bins by grade are located outside the main office. The grade with the most donations wins a prize!
- On Sale Now: Willamette Valley Pies, Cobblers, & Fruit for sale ... just in time for Thanksgiving. Click here to buy or learn more.
- Box Tops Contest: Oct 2-20: The winning advisory class gets a party! See below for details.
- See details below... and the full calendar here
Our primary fundraiser and community builder (adults only) is only 20 days away (Saturday, October 21st). Here's what you need to know and how you can participate:
1) BUY your Oktoberfest tickets now!
Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park. Tickets are $75 each.
- Gather your friends and reserve a table (all other seating is on a first-come basis). There are still a few left... $100/table for 10 people. Click here, select BUY TICKETS and then add the reserved table to your order (or use your personal link if you've already bought your tickets. This was sent via email).
- What's up for auction this year? Get in a "Portland State of Mind" with Billy Joel, dinner at Ox, transportation and a night at the Nines! Scoop up a luxurious vacation package in Cabo, California, Oregon, Idaho, and more! Disney tickets anyone? Go behind the scenes and enjoy VIP treatment with a Portland Trailblazer game package. Win a gorgeous sparkling diamond heart necklace! Stay tuned for more...!
Thank you to everyone who has donated items already -- we couldn't do this without you!
Please consider making a $50 donation HERE (then scroll down to donate button)
We need help rounding out some of our fabulous LIVE AUCTION packages. Please contact Janell Herman if you can donate/sponsor any of the following items:
- Lunch for Six in Oregon Wine Country
- Downtown PDX Distillery Tour Transportation gift card
- Transportation and/or Dinner for Sonoma/Napa Wine Country
- Desserts for dessert dash
- Central Oregon vacation home
Remember, all proceeds go to LJHS students and teachers. Thank you for your support and generosity!
It's that time of year when you get out your winter coats and realize some don't fit. We have an easy solution that not only helps you but helps our community! Lakeridge Junior High will be collecting new and gently used warm winter coats, gloves, and scarves in all sizes, infant to adult. Especially needed are women and men sizes xs-xxl. These donations will be distributed to families in our community and will also help the Lake Oswego Community Transition Program serving homeless youth and special needs students through age 21.
- Drop off will be located outside the LJHS office starting Monday, October 16th. Tubs will be labeled by grade with the goal of 150 coats per grade. A prize will be given to the grade with the largest number of donations! Students will be able to track donations on the chart outside the office. Thank you in advance for your generosity!!
PIE & FRUIT SALES...COMING SOON
October 24 is ordering deadline
It's time to order your delicious Willamette Valley Pies for Thanksgiving -- plus delicious cobblers and frozen fruit. Order forms will be handed out in advisory classes this week or click HERE to order online. Be sure to ask your family, friends and neighbors if they need pies, cobblers or fruit!
- Forms will be due October 24 at the end of the school day and delivery will be November 7. More information to come about delivery day.
- For any questions please contact Brooke Moffenbeier or Cindy Stelk
BOX TOPS CONTEST IS ON!
October 2-20 Contest
The Box Top contest has started! The top-collecting Advisory classrooms in 6th, 7th and 8th grades win a special party! To participate, drop your Box Tops in the 6th, 7th or 8th grade collection bucket outside the front office. Make sure your Box Tops haven’t expired, are in SEALED BAGGIES LABELED WITH YOUR CHILD'S ADVISORY TEACHER’S NAME so we know which classrooms get a party!
STILL CALLING FOR VOLUNTEERS
- STUDENT STORE: Did you know that the store can't be open unless we have parent volunteers there? So we need some more help. You'll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Only requires 20 minute shifts during each lunch period. Click HERE to sign up or email the Store Managers. Also, please donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- LAST applicable game: Nov 18 vs. Arizona
If you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions of any kind: 6th grade: Janell Herman, 7th grade: Heather Hart, 8th grade: Kari Curry.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.