- THIS WEEK
- COMING SOON
- Tuesday, 10/25: Last day to order PIES
- Wednesday, 10/26, 9:30am at LJHS: Parent Club General Meeting - all invited
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
OKTOBERFEST IS SATURDAY!
JOIN THE PARTY & GIVE
- BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY ($75 each). We only need to sell 50 more tickets to meet our goal!
- PREVIEW THE CATALOG NOW: The auction includes many fun, intriguing and valuable items to bid on -- for adults and kids alike, such as: Portland Trailblazers executive suit, be a weatherman for a day, fully catered dinner for 8-12 at your home, 3 night stay in Sonoma, CA, 2 night stay at Tetherow in Bend, poker party at Timberline Lodge, diamond necklace, beer and brats party, mom & daughter spa day, original artwork, parties for kids ("kidnapping" pancake breakfast for 6th graders, pj holiday party for 7th graders, Olympics party for 8th graders), and so much more.
- We will open up the silent auction via mobile bidding at 9am on Saturday, 10/15 - ticket holders, look for your link!
- We're also looking for auction night volunteers: Click here to check out your options - we'd love your help on the night!
WHO WANTS PIE?
On sale online from 10/7 - 10/25. Pies to be picked up on Tuesday, 11/15 at the LJHS cafeteria
Stock your freezer for the holidays with delicious, whole-fruit pies, cobblers and frozen fruit from Willamette Valley Pie Co! The Parent Club is running this sweet fundraiser, at the same prices as your local retailer BUT with 40-50% of proceeds from each item sold going to our school! Look for the flyer that came home with students last week or click here to order now.
FREE SHOWING OF "SCREENAGERS" DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE IMPACT OF TECHNOLOGY ON KIDS
Tuesday, October 11 at 7:00 pm (doors open at 6:30): LO Parks & Recreation (Palisades - 1500 Greentree Rd)
Join Lake Oswego families for a free showing of “Screenagers: growing up in the digital age,” the first feature documentary to explore the harmful impacts of screen technology on kids and to offer parents solutions that work to minimize the impact and find balance in their family’s lives. Sponsored by the Lake Oswego Public Library and the LO Parks & Recreation, this free event takes place at Palisades (1500 Greentree Rd.) on Tuesday, October 11, at 7 pm. Movie last for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Doors will open at 6:30 pm. For more information please check the Library’s website at LOPL.org or call 503-697-6580.
REMINDER: Our Parent Club Directory will go to print very soon. If you haven’t already, please confirm your info and pay your Parent Club dues and an email will be sent to you to grant you online access to the directory.
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - email@example.com
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - firstname.lastname@example.org
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
If you clipped BoxTops over the summer, thank you and now is the time to bring them in! We earned over $575 on BoxTops last school year, so we appreciate all your help. Please continue collecting BoxTops and drop them in the bright blue box hanging outside the school office. Thank you!
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Come to the Oktoberfest Auction, our primary fundraiser: $75 each. Join the Party and Give!
- Donate items for the Oktoberfest auction or become a sponsor (contact Michele at email@example.com)
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Our next meeting is 10/26 at 9:30am at LJHS
- Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
Oktoberfest is proudly sponsored by: