- THIS WEEK
- COMING UP SOON:
- Starting Monday, 11/7, 7:20-8am: School Crossing Guards needed
- Mon 11/14: Coat drive -- collecting new and/or gently used coats and other winter gear. Also collecting gift cards for LJHS families in need. More details to come.
- Wed 11/30, 9:30am (NEW TIME) at LJHS: Parent Club meeting (to vote on how to spend money raised) -- all invited
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
Thank you also to everyone who contributed to our fantastic Conference Days support for our wonderful teachers and staff during parent-teacher conferences last week. We were able to keep them well fed and energized across both days. It took a tremendous amount of effort from a lot of people and was greatly appreciated!
LAST WEEK TO ORDER FROZEN FRUIT, COBBLERS & PIE!
On sale through THIS THURSDAY, 11/3 - EXTENDED DEADLINE.
Orders to be picked up on Tuesday, 11/15 at the LJHS cafeteria
Stock your freezer for the holidays with delicious, frozen, whole-fruit pies, cobblers and fruit from Willamette Valley Pie Co! The Parent Club is running this sweet fundraiser, at the same prices as your local retailer BUT with 40-50% of proceeds from each item sold going to our school! Look for the flyer that came home with students, get a new form at the school office, OR click here to order online now.
OKTOBERFEST: SIGN-UP PARTIES STILL AVAILABLE
We have opened the auction sign-up parties to the entire LJHS community, even if you did not attend the event. Check out the catalog today and sign up for some amazing experiences for you and/or your child! Some currently open sign-up parties include...7th Grade Pajama Party, 8th Grade Olympic Showdown, Girls Night Out Barre3, Beers and Brats Party, Ladies Wine Night, Progressive Cocktail Party, Starcycle Couples Ride Night, $2500 off Oregon Golf Club social membership!
View the Catalog
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
Starting 11/7 from 7:20-8:00 am
We are looking for parents to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening. Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am starting on Monday, November 7th. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
NOTE: To share your opinions or simply show your support on this important issue, please come to the City Council meeting on Nov 1st at 6:30pm at City Hall. The meeting lasts about an hour and there will be an open forum near the end allowing people to speak (at 3 minute intervals). Simply being there to show support for this issue will make an impact!
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
If you clipped BoxTops over the summer, thank you and now is the time to bring them in! We earned over $575 on BoxTops last school year, so we appreciate all your help. Please continue collecting BoxTops and drop them in the bright blue box hanging outside the school office. Thank you!
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - email@example.com
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com