This has been a very busy fall and we want to THANK YOU for your support of Oktoberfest, our Willamette Valley Pies Fundraiser, our Coat Drive, the Box Top Contest, and the delicious meals for the staff during the Parent-Teacher conferences last week! Your help is greatly appreciated. The next step is to come to our Parent Club meeting on Wednesday to learn the results of these various activities and vote on how we spend the money!
- General Parent Club Meeting: THIS Wednesday (Nov 1) at 9:00 am in the LJHS library. We hope to see you there!
OKTOBERFEST IN REVIEW
We'd like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to all of the parents, teachers and volunteers who turned out to support the 4th annual LJHS Oktoberfest Auction this past weekend! Our event sponsor MassMutual Oregon played a lead role in the event's success, and over 200 people braved the weather to support our school at Saturday's event at Oaks Park. Guests were greeted with a Happy Hour sponsored by Susan Stohl of Windermere Realty Group, a Stein Challenge thanks to our friends at 99 West Trailers, an exciting auction and so much more.
- Congratulations to some of the specific winners of the night: 1) Britt Weiler and Shane Blanden who won the Stein Challenge, 2) Julie Holum who won the Diamond Necklace, 3) the Allison's who took home the Outdoor Extravaganza raffle prize, 4) the Borelli's who are the lucky Golden Ticket winners - they are headed to Cabo! and finally, 4) Janell Herman who won the Heads or Tails and donated her winnings back to the school!
- A few party board spots are still available: CLICK HERE to visit our online store, sign up for a party, and/or make a 100% tax-deductible donation today!
BOX TOPS CONTEST ... THE RESULTS ARE IN!
Thank you to everyone who submitted Box Tops during our October contest. We collected 1348 Box Tops and raised $157.30 for Lakeridge! Our three winning advisory classrooms with the most Box Tops are:
- 6th Grade - Mrs. Keys-Hanlon
- 7th Grade - Mrs. Zurcher
- 8th Grade - Mr. Stoddard
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- LAST applicable game: Nov 18 vs. Arizona
- STUDENT STORE: Did you know that the store can't be open unless we have parent volunteers there? So we need some more help. You'll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Only requires 20 minute shifts during each lunch period. Click HERE to sign up or email the Store Managers. Also, please donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
If you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions of any kind: 6th grade: Janell Herman, 7th grade: Heather Hart, 8th grade: Kari Curry.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.