- THIS WEEK
- Wednesday, 10/26, 9:30am at LJHS: Parent Club General Meeting - all welcome. We'll discuss the possible change to school start times!
- Thursday & Friday, 10/27-28 - Parent-teacher conferences: Donations & help needed for teacher meals. MORE DONATIONS NEEDED PLEASE
- Friday, 10/28: DEADLINE EXTENDED! Friday is the last day to order pies, cobblers, & frozen fruit
- Oktoberfest Sign-up Parties: Slots still available even if you didn't attend the event!
- COMING UP SOON:
- Starting Monday, 11/7, 7:20-8am: Crossing Guards needed
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
**We especially need volunteers to bring salads and food for the taco bar**
Thursday and Friday, October 27-28
Our wonderful teachers work hard throughout the school year and one of the ways we show them our support is by providing breakfast, lunch and dinner for them during the extra long conference days. There are only a couple of opportunities throughout the year when they are able to lunch together. Our Hospitality Team coordinates the theme and donated goods for this event. Show your appreciation by signing up for one or more slots. Your efforts will be most appreciated! NOTE: There will be a cart outside the office for easy drop off. Perishable items will be refrigerated. Any personal platters, bowls, etc will be returned to the cart at the end of the day for pick up.
LAST WEEK TO ORDER FROZEN FRUIT, COBBLERS & PIE!
On sale through THIS FRIDAY, 10/28 - EXTENDED DEADLINE.
Orders to be picked up on Tuesday, 11/15 at the LJHS cafeteria
Stock your freezer for the holidays with delicious, whole-fruit pies, cobblers and frozen fruit from Willamette Valley Pie Co! The Parent Club is running this sweet fundraiser, at the same prices as your local retailer BUT with 40-50% of proceeds from each item sold going to our school! Look for the flyer that came home with students, click here to order online now or place your order at the Student Store during our parent-teacher conference days, THIS Thursday and Friday.
ALL INVITED: NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING
THIS Wednesday, 10/25 at 9:30am in the LJHS Library
Please join the Parent Club for our next general meeting. We'll review the results from our two most recent fundraisers, the Oktoberfest auction and pie sales, and we'll hear from Principal Schultz about the school district's discussions on possibly changing school start times! We hope to see you there.
OKTOBERFEST: SIGN-UP PARTIES STILL AVAILABLE
We have opened the auction sign-up parties to the entire LJHS community, even if you did not attend the event. Check out the catalog today and sign up for some amazing experiences for you and/or your child! Some currently open sign-up parties include...7th Grade Pajama Party, 8th Grade Olympic Showdown, Girls Night Out Barre3, Beers and Brats Party, Ladies Wine Night, Progressive Cocktail Party, Starcycle Couples Ride Night.
View the Catalog
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
Starting 11/7 from 7:20-8:00 am
We are looking for parents to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any accidents from happening. Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am starting on Monday, November 7th. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions or learn more/sign up at the Parent Club meeting on Wednesday.
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
If you clipped BoxTops over the summer, thank you and now is the time to bring them in! We earned over $575 on BoxTops last school year, so we appreciate all your help. Please continue collecting BoxTops and drop them in the bright blue box hanging outside the school office. Thank you!
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - email@example.com
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - email@example.com
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org