Thank you to everyone who supported our major fundraiser, OKTOBERFEST last night at Oaks Park. It was a tremendously successful and fun event (more details to come). And thank you also to all who participated in our BOX TOPS contest (more details to come on that too!). We have lots going on this week so don't forget to buy your pies & fruit by Tuesday, support the teachers during conference days (Thursday & Friday) and donate your winter clothes by Friday.
- Pies & Fruit Sale Ends TUESDAY: Willamette Valley Pies, Cobblers, & Fruit for sale ... just in time for Thanksgiving. Click here to buy or learn more.
- Coat Drive Ends FRIDAY: Through this FRIDAY October 27 -- drop off new or gently used warm winter coats, gloves, and scarves in all sizes, infant to adult. Bins by grade are located outside the main office.
- Conference Day Teacher Support THURSDAY & FRIDAY: Sign up to provide our teachers with meals during the long conference days, October 26-27.
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
PIE & FRUIT SALES...SALE ENDS THIS TUESDAY!
Tuesday October 24 is the ordering deadline; pick up is on November 7
It's time to order your delicious Willamette Valley Pies (plus delicious cobblers and frozen fruit) for Thanksgiving or any day! They are offered at the same prices as at your local retailer BUT with 40-50% of proceeds from each item sold going to our school!
- Click HERE to order online or look for order forms that were handed out in advisory classes.
- Be sure to ask your family, friends and neighbors if they need pies, cobblers or fruit!
- Forms will be due October 24 at the end of the school day and pick up will be November 7 (stay tuned for details).
- For any questions please contact Brooke Moffenbeier or Cindy Stelk
October 16-27 -- ENDS THIS FRIDAY
The goal is for each class to donate 150 items of winter clothing and we have a long ways to go! So bring in your new and gently used warm winter coats, gloves, and scarves in all sizes, infant to adult. Especially needed are women and men sizes xs-xxl. These donations will be distributed to families in our community and will also help the Lake Oswego Community Transition Program serving homeless youth and special needs students through age 21.
- Drop off will be located outside the LJHS office. Tubs will be labeled by grade with the goal of 150 coats per grade. A prize will be given to the grade with the largest number of donations! Students will be able to track donations on the chart outside the office. Thank you in advance for your generosity!!
TEACHER CONFERENCE DAYS: SUPPORT NEEDED FOR TEACHER MEALS
THIS Thursday and Friday, October 26-27
Our wonderful teachers work hard throughout the school year and one of the ways we show them our support is by providing coffee, lunch and dinner for them during the extra long conference days. There are only a couple of opportunities throughout the year when they are able to lunch together. Our Hospitality Team coordinates the theme and donated goods for this event. Show your appreciation by signing up for one or more slots. Your efforts will be most appreciated! Questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry.
OKTOBERFEST WAS A SUCCESS!
As you know, we had our primary fundraiser and community builder, Oktoberfest last night at Oaks Park's Dance Pavillion. It was a wonderful party with generous bidding and tons of fun all around. It is too soon to know how much we raised, but we’ll report on that soon. THANK YOU to the many, many volunteers, sponsors, donors, attendees, supporters, and especially the organizers of this wonderful event, led by Julie Davidson, Janell Herman, and Robin Walsh. WE COULDN’T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- LAST applicable game: Nov 18 vs. Arizona
- STUDENT STORE: Did you know that the store can't be open unless we have parent volunteers there? So we need some more help. You'll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Only requires 20 minute shifts during each lunch period. Click HERE to sign up or email the Store Managers. Also, please donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
If you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions of any kind: 6th grade: Janell Herman, 7th grade: Heather Hart, 8th grade: Kari Curry.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.