Here is the latest news from the Lakeridge JH Parent Club:
Thank you to our generous sponsors; WM Keith Dozier, Mass Mutual Oregon, Orepac, Vanillawood, Olson Barton Attorneys and Schindler Elevator for their support in making the LJH Barn Bash a great success! Thank you to the parents and teachers who came out and supported the effort to provide enriching experiences for our kids this year. This fun event wouldn't be possible without the help of our hardworking volunteers. If you were unable to attend you can still join in the fun by signing up for one or more of the Party Boards. Click Here to checkout events you could attend with fellow parents or students.
Please mark your calendars with these important dates.
- October 25th/26th: Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 7th, 9:00AM: Parent Club General Meeting
- November 14th, 7:00PM: Parent Education Night focused on Embracing Diffferent
- December 12th, 9:00AM Parent Club General Meeting
- November 7th: 9AM - 10:30 AM. Join us for our November Parent Club meeting. We will be discussing the funds raised from Barn Bash and voting on how to spend those dollars on experiences that will enrich student learning this school year. We will also be discussing the topic of Dyslexia as it Dyslexia Awareness month. There are new screening laws that will directly impact students, parents, teachers and staff. Come learn what this could mean for your student and family.
- November 14th, 7:00PM. Join Principal Schultz and guest speakers for a discussion on Embracing Different. This timely and informative talk will compliment student discussions that will be happening at school assemblies.
- URGENT - TEACHER CONFERENCE DAYS: Thursday, October 25th. Our Wonderful teachers work hard throughout the school year and one of the ways we show them our support is by providing coffee, lunch and dinner for them during the extra long conference days. There are only a couple of opportunities throughout the year when they are able to lunch together. Our Hospitality Team coordinates the theme and donated goods for this event. Show your appreciation by signing up for one or more slots. Your efforts will be most appreciated. Questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Lynne Thompson at LLCThompson@mac.com. See the sign-up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d44a5aa2da2fd0-teacher2
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child’s day by spending 30 minutes at school for lunchtime supervision. Feel free to SIGN UP or just drop in. Click HERE for the daily schedule. “A” Lunch is for 6th graders only and “B” and “C” lunches are for 7th and 8th graders.
- We will be posting upcoming volunteer opportunities each week. Contact Lynne Thompson, our Volunteer Coordinator with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Our school store has some awesome new apparel options that will be available for purchase at this week's Parent Teacher Conferences and everyday during lunch at the school store. Don't forget to check out the new hoodies and sweatshirts pictured below. These are priced at $35 and would make an awesome gift for your kiddo. Or buy one for yourself and show your own school spirit! Cash and checks are accepted at the School Store. Checks should be made out to LJHS Parent Club.
- Please remember that your used printer cartridges are always welcome at the school store. Get that clutter off your desk and have your student drop off your used cartridges at the school office. These are exchanged for credit through the Staples Reward Program. Win-Win!
- Can you believe the holidays are right around the corner? Did you know that when you shop you can also support LJHS Parent Club. Please remember to choose the Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club as the charity of your choice when you shop through the Amazon Smile Program. Just go to smile.amazon.com and sign up. Then choose Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club. A portion of every order will come to us. Shopping through the smile program is exactly the same as shopping on the normal Amazon website. It's another Win-Win!
- The LJHS Drama Club is headed to NYC and is hosting a movie night fundraiser at LJHS on November 9th. Plan a date night for you and your SO while your student is happily entertained with their friends at movie night. Festivities start at 6:30 and wrap up at 9:00. See the flyer in this week's emailed newsletter for more information.
Join The Parent Club Today:We are a community of families who are dedicated to the education and success of our children. For a $35 membership you receive access to the LJHS Parent Club ONLINE Directory, voting privileges on 2018-19 general Parent Club decisions AND your dues support student and parent educational opportunities throughout the year. If you haven't yet joined,please click here and make it official. We would love to have 100% participation from our Lakeridge Parent Club families.
LJHS Parent Club - General Meeting Schedule. For a calendar view of LJHS Parent Club events and meetings please click HERE. November 7th: 9:00AM- 10:30AM in the library. Vote on how to spend money raised at Barn Bash
November 14th: 7:00PM in the library. Parent Education Night. Embracing Diversity
December 12th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Update on new building, move from W. campus & parking
January 23rd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
February 5th/6th: 7:00PM Parent Education Night. Shattering Stigma
March 13th: (:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
April 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. End of year Parent Club Tea
Your 2018-2019 LJHS Parent Club Executive Board:
Ashley Krause and Tamara Divergilio, Co-Presidents
Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carnese, Co-Vice President
Zsu Winston, Treasurer
Lynne Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator
Lara James, Secretary