- THIS WEEK
- Saturday, 10/1: Reserved table seating on sale for Oktoberfest
- Through Friday 10/7: DROP-OFF Oktoberfest Wine Wall donations (see below for details)
- Friday, 10/7: Pies available for sale online (through 11/1)
- NEXT WEEK
- Monday, 10/10: LAST DAY to buy tickets online for Oktoberfest
- Tuesday, 10/11, 7:00 pm at LO Parks & Rec (Palisades): Free Showing of "Screenagers" Documentary
- Saturday, 10/15, 6:00 pm, in the "Hofbrauhaus" at the Embassy Suites in Tigard: Oktoberfest Auction
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
OKTOBERFEST IS 13 DAYS AWAY...
- Buy your tickets now ($75 each). Last day to buy tickets online is next Monday 10/10.
- Reserved tables are on sale now and only a few are left! You'll be seated in a prime location and will get wine just for your table. No date? No problem! Join the singles table so that you'll know where you're going to sit and meet some new folks.
- Wine Wall donations extended to this Friday. We've collected 90 bottles of wine but need 150! Can you help? Drop off your 1-2 bottles of wine (red or white, valued at $20 or higher) at the home of either Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio:
REMINDER: Our Parent Club Directory will go to print in a couple of weeks. If you haven’t already, please confirm your info and pay your Parent Club dues and an email will be sent to you to grant you online access to the directory.
WHO WANTS PIE?
On sale online from 10/7 - 11/1. Pies delivered 11/15
Stock your freezer for the holidays with delicious, whole-fruit pies, cobblers and frozen fruit from Willamette Valley Pie Co! The Parent Club is running this sweet fundraiser, at the same prices as your local retailer BUT with a portion of the proceeds from each item sold going to our school. Look for the flyer coming home with students this week.
FREE SHOWING OF "SCREENAGERS" DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE IMPACT OF TECHNOLOGY ON KIDS
Tuesday, October 11 at 7:00 pm (doors open at 6:30): LO Parks & Recreation (Palisades - 1500 Greentree Rd)
Join Lake Oswego families for a free showing of “Screenagers: growing up in the digital age,” the first feature documentary to explore the harmful impacts of screen technology on kids and to offer parents solutions that work to minimize the impact and find balance in their family’s lives. Sponsored by the Lake Oswego Public Library and the LO Parks & Recreation, this free event takes place at Palisades (1500 Greentree Rd.) on Tuesday, October 11, at 7 pm. Movie last for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Doors will open at 6:30 pm. For more information please check the Library’s website at LOPL.org or call 503-697-6580.
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - email@example.com
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - email@example.com
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
If you clipped BoxTops over the summer, thank you and now is the time to bring them in! We earned over $575 on BoxTops last school year, so we appreciate all your help. Please continue collecting BoxTops and drop them in the bright blue box hanging outside the school office. Thank you!
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Come to the Oktoberfest Auction, our primary fundraiser: $75 each. Join the Party and Give!
- Donate items for the Oktoberfest auction or become a sponsor (contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Our next meeting is 9/28 at 9:30am at LJHS
- Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
Oktoberfest is proudly sponsored by: