Our annual pies & fruit fundraiser is under way -- order yours today! Plus the Coat Drive started today, the Box Tops contest ends this Friday, and Oktoberfest is this Saturday. See below for all of the details -- and thank you!
- PIES & FRUIT On Sale Now: Willamette Valley Pies, Cobblers, & Fruit for sale ... just in time for Thanksgiving. Click here to buy or learn more.
- Coat Drive: Starting TODAY October 16 through October 27 -- drop off new or gently used warm winter coats, gloves, and scarves in all sizes, infant to adult. Bins by grade are located outside the main office. The grade with the most donations wins a prize!
- Box Tops Contest: ENDS THIS FRIDAY: The winning advisory class gets a party! See below for details.
- Oktoberfest Auction: THIS Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park. We are SOLD OUT but you can still participate by volunteering or get on the waitlist for tickets.
- NEXT WEEK: Conference Day Teacher Support: Sign up to provide our teachers with meals during the long conference days, October 26-27.
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
PIE & FRUIT SALES...ON SALE NOW!
Tuesday October 24 is the ordering deadline; pick up is on November 7
It's time to order your delicious Willamette Valley Pies (plus delicious cobblers and frozen fruit) for Thanksgiving or any day! They are offered at the same prices as at your local retailer BUT with 40-50% of proceeds from each item sold going to our school!
- Click HERE to order online or look for order forms that were handed out in advisory classes.
- Be sure to ask your family, friends and neighbors if they need pies, cobblers or fruit!
- Forms will be due October 24 at the end of the school day and pick up will be November 7 (stay tuned for details).
- For any questions please contact Brooke Moffenbeier or Cindy Stelk
Our primary fundraiser and community builder (adults only) is THIS SATURDAY! Here's what you need to know:
- Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park. We are SOLD OUT!
- We are still looking for VOLUNTEERS to help make this event a success! We specifically need help with set up, check in/out, tear down Saturday night / Sunday morning, and unloading the truck at LJHS. Contact Janell Herman if you're able to help!
It's that time of year when you get out your winter coats and realize some don't fit. We have an easy solution that not only helps you but helps our community! Lakeridge Junior High will be collecting new and gently used warm winter coats, gloves, and scarves in all sizes, infant to adult. Especially needed are women and men sizes xs-xxl. These donations will be distributed to families in our community and will also help the Lake Oswego Community Transition Program serving homeless youth and special needs students through age 21.
- Drop off will be located outside the LJHS office starting Monday, October 16th. Tubs will be labeled by grade with the goal of 150 coats per grade. A prize will be given to the grade with the largest number of donations! Students will be able to track donations on the chart outside the office. Thank you in advance for your generosity!!
TEACHER CONFERENCE DAYS: SUPPORT NEEDED FOR TEACHER MEALS
Thursday and Friday, October 26-27
Our wonderful teachers work hard throughout the school year and one of the ways we show them our support is by providing coffee, lunch and dinner for them during the extra long conference days. There are only a couple of opportunities throughout the year when they are able to lunch together. Our Hospitality Team coordinates the theme and donated goods for this event. Show your appreciation by signing up for one or more slots. Your efforts will be most appreciated! Questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry.
IT'S THE FINAL WEEK OF OUR BOX TOPS CONTEST!
October 2-20 Contest
Don’t miss your chance to submit Box Tops and win a party for your Advisory classroom. Collection buckets are located outside the front office, marked 6th, 7th or 8th grade. Make sure to put Box Tops in sealed baggies – and write your Advisory teacher’s name on the baggie so we know which classrooms have the most Box Tops!
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- LAST applicable game: Nov 18 vs. Arizona
- STUDENT STORE: Did you know that the store can't be open unless we have parent volunteers there? So we need some more help. You'll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Only requires 20 minute shifts during each lunch period. Click HERE to sign up or email the Store Managers. Also, please donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
If you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions of any kind: 6th grade: Janell Herman, 7th grade: Heather Hart, 8th grade: Kari Curry.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.