- October 9th: 1st Parent Club Parent Education Night: Q&A with Principal Schultz and Officer Sheldon from the LOPD. 6:15PM - 7:00PM
- October 20th: 2018 Barn Bash Fundraiser: 6:00PM - 10:00PM at Barn Kestrel in West Linn
- 1st Parent Club Parent Education Night: October 9th at 6:15PM - 7:00PM. Join our Principal, Kurt Schultz and Officer Sheldon from LOSD for an important parent only conversation regarding student safety in a Q&A format. This event will take place just before the JH Health Curriculum presentation.
- 2018 Barn Bash: October 20th 6:00PM - 10PM.
- This adult-only event will be held at Barn Kestrel in West Linn. In lieu of a full-scale auction, Barn Bash will offer food, music, fun and a chance to raise money for our school via a paddle-raise, some awesome raffle items, and the always popular party-boards. We are nearly sold out so please don't wait to buy your tickets.
- Tickets are $50 each and can be purchased HERE.
- We are so grateful to W. m Brozier, Orepac Building Products, Mass Mutual Oregon, Neil Olsen of Olsen and Barton LLC, The Jefferies Family of Treasury Wine Estates, and Schindler Elevator for their sponsorship of this year's Barn Bash event. Please know that there are still sponsorship opportunities available.
- Please consider joining these wonderful businesses by supporting Barn Bash with a sponsorship. Create visibility for your business and support our students and teachers! There are a limited number of sponsorship opportunities available. Contact Kirsten Carnese via email at Kcarnese@gmail.com to find out about the benefits.
- Barn Bash is looking for volunteers for help on the day of the event. Please contact Lynne Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help with set up, check-in/out desk or raffle ticket sales.
- SCHOOL STORE: Did you know that the store can’t be open unless we have parent volunteers there? We have an immediate need for a parent volunteer in the school store on Wednesday and Friday “C" Lunch from 1:11PM-1:41PM. You’ll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Please contact Susan Stohl directly at email@example.com , if you are able to volunteer at that time. Once a week or once a month, any time is appreciated.
- You can also support the School Store by donating any used printer cartridges to the school office. These are exchanged for credit through the Staples Reward Program.
- ART LIT: Were you unable to attend our Art Lit overview, but, are still interested in being a part of the Art Lit team? Please SIGN UP via the signup genius. No artistic experience is necessary. It’s a great opportunity to help in your child’s classroom. The commitment is only 3 times per year. Click HERE to sign up.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child’s day by spending 30 minutes at school for lunchtime supervision. Feel free to SIGN UP or just drop in. Click HERE for the daily schedule. “A” Lunch is for 6th graders only and “B” and “C” lunches are for 7th and 8th graders.
Wednesday, October 17
Rolling Hills Church
3550 SW Borland, Rd, Tualatin, OR 97062
LJHS Parent Club - General Meeting Schedule. For a calendar view of LJHS Parent Club events and meetings please click HERE. October 9th: 6:15PM - 7:15PM in the library. Q&A with Kurt and Officer Sheldon
November 7th: 9:00AM- 10:30AM in the library. Vote on how to spend money raised at Barn Bash
November 14th: 7:00PM in the library. Parent Education Night. Embracing Diversity
December 12th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Update on new building, move from W. campus & parking
January 23rd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
February 5th/6th: 7:00PM Parent Education Night. Shattering Stigma
March 13th: (:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
April 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. End of year Parent Club Tea
Your 2018-2019 LJHS Parent Club Executive Board:
Ashley Krause and Tamara Divergilio, Co-Presidents
Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carenese, Co-Vice President
Zsu Winston, Treasurer
Lynne Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator
Lara James, Secretary