Just 3 weeks until our Oktoberfest fundraiser...sign up or donate money/items today! Plus our Box Tops contest starts this week. There are many ways to get involved and support our students and staff. See below for all of the details -- and thank you!
- Oktoberfest Auction: Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park. Buy your tickets today to ensure your spot! We are currently searching for donations to fill out our auction items -- check out our WISH LIST or even donate money. And click HERE if you'd like to get involved in helping us with this fun and important event.
- Box Tops Contest: Starts THIS (Oct 2-20) -- winning advisory class gets a party! See below for details.
- Top Volunteer Needs: STUDENT STORE (Click HERE to sign up or email the Store Managers) and LUNCH MONITORS (SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule.) Also help is needed with Art Literacy, Hospitality, Library and more! Click HERE to sign up or contact Volunteer Coordinator Kari Curry.
- Minutes from the Parent Club Meeting: Check out the MINUTES from our last general meeting and save the date for our next one: Nov 1 @ 9am.
- See details below... and the full calendar here
Our primary fundraiser and community builder (adults only) is only 20 days away (Saturday, October 21st). Here's what you need to know and how you can participate:
1) BUY your Oktoberfest tickets now!
Saturday, 10/21, 5:30+ pm, at Oaks Park. Tickets are $75 each.
2) DONATE (even if you're not attending):
Please consider making a $50 donation HERE (then scroll down to donate button)
We need help rounding out some of our fabulous LIVE AUCTION packages. Please contact Janell Herman if you can donate/sponsor any of the following items:
- Lunch for Six in Oregon Wine Country
- Downtown PDX Distillery Tour Transportation gift card
- Transportation and/or Dinner for Sonoma/Napa Wine Country
- Desserts for dessert dash
- Central Oregon vacation home
Remember, all proceeds go to LJHS students and teachers. Thank you for your support and generosity!
CAN YOU HELP? PRIMARY VOLUNTEER NEEDS ARE...
- STUDENT STORE: Did you know that the store can't be open unless we have parent volunteers there? So we need some more help. You'll assist students with learning how to run a store. No experience necessary and training is provided. Only requires 20 minute shifts during each lunch period. Click HERE to sign up or email the Store Managers. Also, please donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
BOX TOPS CONTEST STARTS TOMORROW!
October 2-20 Contest
The Box Top contest starts this week! The top-collecting Advisory classrooms in 6th, 7th and 8th grades win a special party! To participate, drop your Box Tops in the 6th, 7th or 8th grade collection bucket outside the front office. Make sure your Box Tops haven’t expired, are in SEALED BAGGIES LABELED WITH YOUR CHILD'S ADVISORY TEACHER’S NAME so we know which classrooms get a party!
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- Applicable games: Oct 7 vs. WSU, and Nov 18 vs. Arizona
If you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions of any kind: 6th grade: Janell Herman, 7th grade: Heather Hart, 8th grade: Kari Curry.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 11/1/17 @ 9:00 am
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.