- THIS WEEK
- Starting Monday, 11/7, 7:20-8am: School Crossing Guards needed
- COMING UP SOON:
- 11/14 - 12/9: "Snowflake Drive" to collect gift cards for families in need at LJHS
- 11/14-17 and 11/28-30: "Coat Drive" to collect new and/or gently used coats and other winter gear for local families. We also need parents to help during the collection periods (see below).
- Wed 11/30, 9:30am (NEW TIME) at LJHS: Parent Club meeting (to vote on how to spend money raised) -- all parents are invited
- See details below... and the full calendar here.
SNOWFLAKE GIFT CARD DRIVE FOR LJHS FAMILIES IN NEED
November 14 - December 9th
LJHS counselors are collecting gift cards, cash or checks (made out to LJHS), which will be given to LJHS families who are in need of a little extra assistance this holiday season. Gift cards for groceries, toys, restaurants, etc. are greatly appreciated! Fred Meyer and Target are especially helpful because they cover many different needs. Donations can be brought to the office and placed in the Snowflake Gift Card Collection Box. Questions? Please contact Marcy Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
LJHS COAT DRIVE
November 14-17 and November 28-30
LJHS is working to provide local families in need with some wonderful resources for the upcoming winter season. We are collecting new or gently used winter coats, gloves, and scarves - all sizes welcome, infant to adult. Donations will go to Holiday Hope Sparrow Services and Transitional Youth. All donations will benefit our community first and foremost and any overflow will go to families in surrounding communities.
- We will be collecting donations at school drop off and in bins located outside of the office. If you can help with collections on one more more days (11/14-17 and 11/28-30), please sign up here. Any questions, please contact Christina Monk email@example.com or Kari Curry firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you in advance for all your help and support!
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
Starting 11/7 from 7:20-8:00 am
We are looking for parents to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening. Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am starting on Monday, November 7th. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
OKTOBERFEST: SIGN-UP PARTIES STILL AVAILABLE
We have opened the auction sign-up parties to the entire LJHS community, even if you did not attend the event. Check out the catalog today and sign up for some amazing experiences for you and/or your child! Some currently open sign-up parties include...7th Grade Pajama Party, 8th Grade Olympic Showdown, Girls Night Out Barre3, Beers and Brats Party, Ladies Wine Night, Progressive Cocktail Party, Starcycle Couples Ride Night, $2500 off Oregon Golf Club social membership!
View the Catalog
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
If you clipped BoxTops over the summer, thank you and now is the time to bring them in! We earned over $575 on BoxTops last school year, so we appreciate all your help. Please continue collecting BoxTops and drop them in the bright blue box hanging outside the school office. Thank you!
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - email@example.com
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - email@example.com
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org