Thank you to all those who donated winter gear to our annual coat drive! We collected over 221 items that will be greatly appreciated. Thank you also to Christina Monk & Carol Diforio for organizing this important program. Next up we have the day for pie/cobbler/fruit pick up and the start of the LJHS counselors' annual Snowflake Gift Card Drive. Please help if you can!
- 11/6-15: Snowflake Gift Card Drive for LJHS families in need (see below for details)
- 11/7 @ 4-6:30 pm in LJHS cafeteria: Pick up your pre-ordered pies, cobblers, & fruit
- 11/29 @ 7:00 pm in LJHS library: Next General Parent Club Meeting - Please join us!
PICK UP YOUR PRE-ORDERED PIES, COBBLERS & FRUIT THIS TUESDAY
November 7th, 4-6:30pm, in the LJHS cafeteria
Thanks to everyone who purchased pies, cobblers, and/or fruit in support of our Willamette Valley Pies fundraiser. We raised $3200 for our school! And now you get your reward ... Pick up your orders THIS Tuesday and ENJOY! Questions? Please contact our Pie Experts Brooke Moffenbeier and Cindy Stelk and join us in thanking them for managing this fundraiser.
SNOWFLAKE GIFT CARD DRIVE FOR LJHS FAMILIES IN NEED
Starting tomorrow, November 6th, thru Friday, December 15th
LJHS counselors are collecting gift cards, cash or checks (made out to LJHS) to be given to our own LJHS families who are in need of a little extra assistance this holiday season. Gift cards for groceries, toys, restaurants, etc. are greatly appreciated! Fred Meyer and Target are especially helpful because they cover many different needs, but any others are accepted too, of course. Donations can be brought to the office and placed in the Snowflake Gift Card Collection Box. Questions? Please contact Marcy Watts at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
SPECIAL OFFER: SCHOOL NIGHTS WITH THE DUCKS
Get tickets to select Ducks football games for only $39, with $5 of every ticket coming back to LJHS!
- Click HERE to buy tickets and enter this code: 2017LAKERIDGE.
- LAST applicable game: Nov 18 vs. Arizona
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- STUDENT STORE: Please donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
If you have any grade-specific questions or are new to the community, we're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out with questions of any kind: 6th grade: Janell Herman, 7th grade: Heather Hart, 8th grade: Kari Curry.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 11/2917 @ 7:00 pm
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Support our fundraisers, starting with Oktoberfest
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Donate your BoxTops: More details to come about a fun competition between Advisory classes, so starting collecting your BoxTops today!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.