This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
- Tue Nov 24 - Sun Nov 29: MOD PIZZA to donate $1 to LOSD for every pizza ordered
- Mon Nov 30 - Fri Dec 4: COAT DRIVE! (see below)
- Wed Dec 2: Parent Club General Meeting, 6:30-7:30pm (EVENING MEETING)
- Ongoing through Dec 11: Snowflake GIFT CARD Drive (see below)
JOIN US AT THE NEXT PARENT CLUB GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday, December 2nd, 6:30-7:30pm (EVENING MEETING)
At this meeting we’ll be voting on how to spend funds raised at our auction and Principal Kurt Schultz will give his Principal’s Report. All parents are encouraged to attend! We hope to see you there.
November 30th - December 4th
It's that time of year when you get out your winter coats and realize some don't fit. We have an easy solution that not only helps you but helps a lot of people! Lakeridge Junior High will be collecting your gently used warm winter coats, gloves, and scarves in all sizes- ages infant to especially adult sizes, women's and men's xs-xxl. These donations will be distributed to families in our community and will also help the Lake Oswego Community Transition Program serving homeless youth and special needs students through age 21.
- To make things easy for you we will be collecting your donations in front of both campuses at drop off and pick up Monday 11/30-Thursday 12/3. Barrels will also be located by the LJHS office.
- If you would like to help or have any questions, please contact Kari Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Christina Monk at email@example.com.
SNOWFLAKE GIFT CARD DRIVE
November 2nd - December 11th
We are collecting gift cards, cash or checks (made out to LJHS), which will be given to LJHS families who are in need of a little extra assistance this holiday season. Cards for groceries, toys, restaurants, etc. are greatly appreciated! Fred Meyer and Target are great because they cover lots of different needs. Donations can be brought to the office and placed in the Gift Card Collection Bin.
IMPORTANT: volunteers will be outside collecting gift cards at drop off and pick up from Monday 11/30- Thursday 12/3. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
PROBLEMS AT THE BRYANT AND JEAN INTERSECTION!
We are looking for parents to help children crossing at the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and many parents have called the school with concern. Can you help, either before or after school gets out? Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
BRING IN YOUR BOX TOPS TO SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL
It's easy to make money for our school by clipping BoxTops. Each one is worth 10 cents! Find participating BoxTops on hundreds of products. You probably have some in your pantry right now, such as General Mills and Cascadian Farms cereals, Ziploc and Hefty, Old El Paso dinner items, Progresso soups, and Nature Valley snacks. With the holidays coming, Betty Crocker baking mixes, Chex Mix and Pillsbury baking products are a good source of BoxTops. And coming soon, Annie's organic products. Please drop off BoxTops in the bright blue box hanging on the wall outside the LJHS office. Some are expiring soon so don't delay. If you have any questions, please contact the BoxTops Coordinator, Anne Lambson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting our school!
WE NEED LUNCH MONITORS!
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.
A FEW MESSAGES FROM THE LAKE OSWEGO SCHOOL DISTRICT FOUNDATION
- The Foundation's goal this year is to raise $2 Million to hire and retain teaches. Last year the Foundation raised $1.4 Million from more than 2,400 donors.
- Save The Date: LOSD Foundation Luncheon
February 17th at the Oregon Golf Club
Tickets will go on sale in January. The keynote speaker is Rob Franek, Senior Vice President-Publisher at The Princeton Review. Rob is lead author or co-author of: The Best 397 Colleges, Colleges That Pay Your Back: The 200 Best Value Colleges and What It Takes to Get In, and The U Fits: Expert Advice on Finding the Right College and Getting Accepted. He has appeared over a dozen times on NBC "Today," as well as on ABC "Good Morning America," CBS "This Morning," and on several FOX, CNN, and NPR programs. The luncheon is sure to sell out, so be sure to purchase your tickets as soon as they go on sale.
- MOD Pizza Week is coming up!
November 24th - 29th: MOD Pizza Kruse Woods: 4811 Meadows Rd. #115, Lake Oswego, Or (971) 233-7103
The Mod Pizza in Kruse Woods will be donating $1 to the Foundation for every pizza purchased during Thanksgiving week, Tuesday, November 24th through Sunday, November 29th. So eat at Mod Pizza over Thanksgiving break and support the Foundation at the same time. And on Black Friday, typically a day of spending, MOD is encouraging customers to give back and “add a buck” to their bill to double the donation and double the impact.
- Want to help but don’t see anything that fits your availability or interests? We can find something for you! You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- See the PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or the LJHS WEBSITE for more information
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!