- THIS WEEK
- 11/14, 6:15pm in LJHS library: 8th Grade Celebration Meeting
- 11/14 - 12/9: "Snowflake Gift Card Drive" to collect gift cards for families in need at LJHS
- 11/14-17 and 11/28-30: "Coat Drive" to collect new and/or gently used coats and other winter gear for local families. We also need parents to help during the collection periods (see below).
- 11/15, 2:50-6:30pm in the LJHS cafeteria - Pick up pre-ordered pies, cobblers & fruit
- COMING SOON
- Wed 11/30, 9:30am (NEW TIME) at LJHS: Parent Club meeting (to vote on how to spend money raised) -- all parents are invited
- Fridays - 7:20-8am: School Crossing Guards needed on Fridays (all other days are covered)
IMPORTANT: Student directories were delivered last week (check your student's backpack). If you'd like a directory, but have not purchased one, or purchased one, but did not receive it, please contact email@example.com. They are $5 each and available to LJHS Parent Club members.
PICK UP YOUR PRE-ORDERED PIES, COBBLERS & FRUIT THIS TUESDAY
November 15th, 2:50-6:30pm, in the LJHS cafeteria
Thanks to everyone who purchased pies, cobblers, and/or fruit in support of our Willamette Valley Pies fundraiser. And now you get your reward! Pick up your orders THIS Tuesday and ENJOY! Questions? Please contact our Holiday Pie Experts Brooke Moffenbeier and Cindy Stelk.
LJHS COAT DRIVE
November 14-17 and November 28-30
LJHS is working to provide local families in need with some wonderful resources for the upcoming winter season. We are collecting new or gently used winter coats, gloves, and scarves - all sizes welcome, infant to adult. Donations will go to Holiday Hope Sparrow Services and Transitional Youth. All donations will benefit our community first and foremost and any overflow will go to families in surrounding communities.
- We will be collecting donations at school drop off and in bins located outside of the office. If you can help with collections on one more more days (11/14-17 and 11/28-30), please sign up here. Any questions, please contact Christina Monk firstname.lastname@example.org or Kari Curry email@example.com. Thank you in advance for all your help and support!
SNOWFLAKE GIFT CARD DRIVE FOR LJHS FAMILIES IN NEED
November 14 - December 9th
LJHS counselors are collecting gift cards, cash or checks (made out to LJHS), which will be given to LJHS families who are in need of a little extra assistance this holiday season. Gift cards for groceries, toys, restaurants, etc. are greatly appreciated! Fred Meyer and Target are especially helpful because they cover many different needs. Donations can be brought to the office and placed in the Snowflake Gift Card Collection Box. Questions? Please contact Marcy Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
8TH GRADE CELEBRATION PLANNING MEETING
November 14th, 6:15pm, in the LJHS library
Calling all 8th grader parents who would like to get involved in planning the 8th grade graduation celebration...join us at our next planning meeting, this MONDAY! Feel free to contact the committee chair, Amber Imes, with any questions at email@example.com and click here to see the minutes from our last meeting.
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- LOOKING FOR FRIDAY GUARDS!
We are looking for parents to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening. Can you help? ALL SHIFTS EXCEPT FRIDAY ARE COVERED (thank you volunteers!). Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
7TH GRADE PAJAMA HOLIDAY PARTY - SALES CLOSING SOON
December 17th 8-11 pm - $40
A roaring fun PJ Holiday Party for 7th graders only -- with a hot cocoa bar, decorate your own holiday cookies, white elephant gift exchange, and lots of fun games and prizes. Later we will calm things down a bit and watch Elf on the big screen with popcorn and pizza. (This is a sign-up party offered at our Oktoberfest Auction).
Want to see the other sign-up parties available? Check out the catalog today and sign up for some amazing experiences for you and/or your child! Some currently open sign-up parties include...7th Grade Pajama Party, 8th Grade Olympic Showdown, Girls Night Out Barre3, Beers and Brats Party, Ladies Wine Night, Progressive Cocktail Party, Starcycle Couples Ride Night, $2500 off Oregon Golf Club social membership!
View the Catalog
MORE WAYS TO EARN BOXTOPS FUNDS FOR OUR SCHOOL!
Did you know there are more ways to earn BoxTops funds for our school than just clipping box tops? It is easy to register on the BoxTops for Education website at www.btfe.com as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200, or just search using our name and city. There you can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores and participating products. The current Boise Paper Sweepstakes is giving away 10,000 BoxTops and 400 reams of paper to 3 lucky winners. So logon now to enter and thank you for earning BoxTops for our school! Also don't forget the bright blue box hanging outside the school office for all the BoxTops you've already clipped. Thank you!
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
NEW FAMILY HELP
We've heard from several new families (new to junior high and/or new to the area) who would like some help in figuring out how to navigate the school and the community -- such as understanding school policies or events, participating in local sports and activities, finding a doctor, meeting families, etc. So the Parent Club has assigned a lead contact for each grade -- please feel free to reach out to us and we'll get you the help or information you need:
- 6th grade: Heather Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade: Kari Curry - email@example.com
- 8th grade: Tamara DiVergilio - firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com