- Thur. May 11, 2-5:30pm @ LJHS: Pick up your purchased hanging flower baskets.
- May 18-19, 25-26, 7pm @ LJHS: Shakesplosion -- our spring school play!
- Fri. May 19th: Deadline for submitting your name for consideration to be an exec board member-in-training for the 2018-19 school year
- Wed. May 24, 9:30am @ LJHS: Next Parent Club meeting -- please join us! We'll vote on next year's budget + executive board positions.
Thanks to everyone for their help in pulling off a successful Staff Appreciation week to show our teachers and staff just how much we love all they do for our kids. And a special thank you to Tamara DiVergilio and Kari Curry for their hard work in leading the charge. Thank you also to Tranquility Natural Health (and parent Angela McKay who made it happen) who came by to give free massages to the staff!
PICK UP THIS THURSDAY: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS
Thursday, May 11th 2-5:30pm
Thank you to all those who purchased a hanging flower basket as part of our spring fundraiser (thank you Al's Garden Center). They will be available for pick up this Thursday. Come early to get the one(s) you want. Questions? Email Tricia Cook.
Fri May 18, Sat May 19, Fri May 25, Sat May 26 -- 7pm (doors open at 6:30) @ LJHS
Lakeridge Junior High Presents Every Play Written by William Shakespeare! The Histories, Comedies, Tragedies, Lover’s Tragedies, all of them! Join us for a night of Comedy, Drama, War, Love, and Death. All tickets are $5.00 at the door.
UPCOMING PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, May 24th, 9:30am @ LJHS
Please join us at the next general Parent Club meeting -- it will an action-packed meeting with voting on 2017-18 Parent Club Executive Board positions, voting on our 2017-18 budget, and some volunteer appreciation from the school staff. We hope to see you there!
- PARENT CLUB EXEC BOARD POSITIONS 2017-18: On May 24 at the Parent Club general meeting, the Parent Club Executive Board slate of positions for the 2017-18 school year will be presented for a vote. The Exec Board would also love to have people join as exec board members-in-training for the 2018-19 school year. Training positions will have minimal time commitments. The Exec Board positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Volunteer Coordinator and Fundraising Chair. If you are interested in being considered for ANY of these positions, please contact Heather Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org), LJHS Parent Club Secretary, for consideration. Any questions, please contact Janell Herman (email@example.com), LJHS Parent Club President. Deadline to submit your name for the slate is Friday, May 19, 2017.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
Earning cash for our school clipping BoxTops is easy. Please check your kitchen pantry to see if you have any BoxTops and just drop them in the blue box outside the School Office. Thank you to those of you who have clipped this year. We've earned $180 and need to reach our goal of $250 (we earned $580 last year). You can help us get there!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE STUDENT STORE
The LJHS Student Store needs your help -- especially during B lunch from 11:40-12:10, Mondays and Fridays through the end of the year. Training will be provided. If you're interested or if you have questions, please contact Sarah Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (720) 219-9225.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com