This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS
Thanks to your donations, the LJHS Parent Club has spent $59,000 this year, supporting our school, staff and of course, students! We have purchased technology that will benefit all students in their classrooms and the library, much needed science equipment, and musical instruments to help our band and orchestra. Thank you for your ongoing support!
- A MESSAGE TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS FROM THE PARENT CLUB: The school year isn't quite over and more work is left to be done, BUT we wanted to take a moment and give a big shout out to all of our amazing LJHS parent volunteers!! Your time and dedication to making our school a better place for our staff and children has not gone unnoticed. Whether you helped at registration, in the library, with hospitality, as a lunch room monitor, with the school play and so much more...no job is too small. It never ceases to amaze and thrill us how quickly parents step up to help. Because of the generous gift of your time and energy you have made our jobs easier. THANK YOU!! -- LJHS Volunteer Coordinators, Kari Curry and Tamara DiVergilio
- WANT TO JOIN THE PARENT CLUB BOARD? We are looking for people to "shadow" the current board members in order to take over their positions the following year (2017-18). Positions include President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Volunteer Coordinator. It is up to the current board member and shadow to determine how much involvement the shadow will have this coming year. Please contact current Parent Club President Susan Marek with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHECK OUT PARENT CLUB MINUTES AND FINANCIAL REPORTS: The LJHS Parent Club meeting minutes and financial reports (balance sheet and P&L statements) can all be found on the LJHS Parent Club section of the school website. Check them out to see details of this group has discussed and accomplished this year!
Thank you to all the families who have dropped off envelopes and baggies full of valuable BoxTops for Education! This year we raised over $400 for your efforts. Please look through your pantry one last time before the school year ends, as many are expiring on 6/30/16. Just drop them off in the bright blue box hanging on the wall outside of the LJHS office. And lastly, join us in thanking ANNE LAMBSON, our BoxTops Coordinator. We truly appreciate the effort and the money for our kids and school! Questions? Contact Anne at email@example.com.
- Want to help but don’t see anything that fits your availability or interests? We can find something for you! You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- See the PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or the LJHS WEBSITE for more information
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!