- June 1: Incoming 6th Grade Parent Social -- can you donate food or drink?
- June 12: 8th Grade Celebration -- parent chaperones needed
Happy Memorial Day from the Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club!
OUTCOME FROM FINAL PARENT CLUB MEETING OF THE YEAR
Thank you to the parents who attended our FINAL Parent Club meeting of the year! We made two important decisions: 1) we approved the new slate of Executive Board members (below) and 2) we approved our budget for the 2017-18 year. Click here for the meeting minutes, click here for the approved budget, and here is our Parent Club Executive Board for the new school year:
- Co-Presidents: Janell Herman and Robin Walsh
- Vice-President: Karie Jett
- Treasurer: Heather Dudley
- Fundraising: Julie Davidson
- Volunteer Coordinator: Kari Curry
- Secretary: Heather Hart
Finally, THANK YOU to the LJHS Staff for hosting a wonderful Volunteer Appreciation Tea -- and thank you to all the parents who attended.
NEEDED: FOOD & DRINK FOR INCOMING 6TH GRADE PARENT SOCIAL
LJHS Parent Club holds this mixer every spring for all of the incoming 6th grade parents to give them a chance to meet current LJHS parents, meet each other, and ask questions. We'd love your help in supplying food & drink for this gathering! Event is Thursday June 1, 7-9pm at the Oregon Wine Reserve (600 N. State Street, Lake Oswego) and we expect around 50 attendees.
- Please SIGN UP HERE to bring food items to Oregon Wine Reserve June 1st by 6:30pm, or drop them at the cart at the school office on June 1st before 3:00pm OR contact Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick up. Please note that alcohol CANNOT be dropped off at school. Thank you!
NEEDED: 8TH GRADE CELEBRATION CHAPERONES
Parent chaperones are needed for the 8th grade celebration! Please join us on June 12, 2017 at SuperPlay in Beaverton from 4-8 pm. Chaperones are also needed to ride the buses with students from LJH (departing at 3:15) to SuperPlay. SuperPlay is located at 9300 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy.
Sign Up to Help Here
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
Earning cash for our school clipping BoxTops is easy. Please check your kitchen pantry to see if you have any BoxTops and just drop them in the blue box outside the School Office. Thank you to those of you who have clipped this year. We've earned $180 and need to reach our goal of $250 (we earned $580 last year). You can help us get there!
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com