- Wed. May 24, 9:30am @ LJHS: Volunteer Appreciation Tea and Parent Club meeting -- please join us! We'll also vote on next year's budget + executive board positions.
- May 25-26, 7pm @ LJHS: Shakesplosion -- our spring school play!
- June 1: Incoming 6th grade parent social -- can you donate food or drink?
VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION RECEPTION & PARENT CLUB MEETING
THIS Wednesday, May 24th, 9:30am @ LJHS
Please join us for this important & action-packed morning...we hope to see you there!
- Volunteer Appreciation Reception (this is the time of year the staff thanks all of our wonderful parent volunteers -- be sure to come so that they can thank you!)
- Voting on the 2017-18 budget
- Voting on the 2017-18 Parent Club Executive Board positions: The Parent Club Executive Board slate of positions for the 2017-18 school year will be presented for a vote. The Exec Board would also love to have people join as exec board members-in-training for the 2018-19 school year. Training positions will have minimal time commitments. The Exec Board positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Volunteer Coordinator and Fundraising Chair. If you are interested in being considered for ANY of these positions, please contact Heather Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org), LJHS Parent Club Secretary, for consideration. Any questions, please contact Janell Herman (email@example.com), LJHS Parent Club President.
Thur May 25 and Fri May 26 -- 7pm (doors open at 6:30) @ LJHS
Lakeridge Junior High Presents Every Play Written by William Shakespeare! The Histories, Comedies, Tragedies, Lover’s Tragedies, all of them! Join us for a night of Comedy, Drama, War, Love, and Death. All tickets are $5.00 at the door.
NEED FOOD & DRINK FOR INCOMING 6TH GRADE PARENT SOCIAL
LJHS Parent Club holds this mixer every spring for all of the incoming 6th grade parents to give them a chance to meet current LJHS parents, meet each other, and ask questions. We'd love your help in supplying food & drink for this gathering! Event is Thursday June 1, 7-9pm at the Oregon Wine Reserve (600 N. State Street, Lake Oswego) and we expect around 50 attendees.
- Please sign up to bring food items to Oregon Wine Reserve June 1st by 6:30pm, or drop them at the cart at the school office on June 1st before 3:00pm OR contact Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick up. Please note that alcohol CANNOT be dropped off at school. Thank you!
Earning cash for our school clipping BoxTops is easy. Please check your kitchen pantry to see if you have any BoxTops and just drop them in the blue box outside the School Office. Thank you to those of you who have clipped this year. We've earned $180 and need to reach our goal of $250 (we earned $580 last year). You can help us get there!
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com