LJHS Parent Club Weekly News
This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
- THIS THURSDAY, May 19th, 6:30-8:30pm: Incoming 6th Parent Social - Looking for food & beverage donations
- Wednesday, May 25, 9:30am, LJHS: Final Parent Club meeting
- Thursday, May 26, 7-8pm, Oregon Wine Reserve: Oktoberfest Information Night
INCOMING 6TH GRADE PARENT SOCIAL
Thursday, May 19th, 6:30-8:30pm, Barhyte home (4700 SW Dogwood Drive)
Remember when you were an incoming LJHS parent and how great it was to have a parent social to meet other parents? Well it's happening THIS Thursday and we would love your help in the form of beverages and food for the event. Parents of current LJH students are welcome to attend the social to meet and greet the incoming parents or simply just drop off the food/beverages. Please click here to select an item to donate as well as RSVP to the event.
FINAL PARENT CLUB MEETING OF THE YEAR
Wednesday, May 25th at 9:30am -- Lakeridge Junior High School
We have only one meeting left -- don't miss it! Find out what's going on and meet other Parent Club members.
- WANT TO JOIN THE PARENT CLUB BOARD? We are looking for people to "shadow" the current board members in order to take over their positions the following year (2017-18). Positions include President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Volunteer Coordinator. It is up to the current board member and shadow to determine how much involvement the shadow will have this coming year. Please contact current Parent Club President Susan Marek with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, May 26th, 7-8pm -- Oregon Wine Reserve - 600 State Street (by Miller Paint)
It's time to kick-off planning for our fall fundraiser, Oktoberfest (October 15, 2016 at Marylhurst University)! Please join us at this Oktoberfest Information Night to meet the committee and learn how our signature event makes a difference for our school! We need your help and have volunteer jobs to fit any schedule. All current and incoming LJHS parents are welcome! Questions and RSVP by 5/23 to email@example.com. See our website for full details.
FINAL REQUEST FOR YOUR BOX TOPS!!!
Thank you to all the families who have dropped off envelopes and baggies full of valuable BoxTops for Education! This year we raised over $400 for your efforts. Please look through your pantry one last time before the school year ends, as many are expiring on 6/30/16. Just drop them off in the bright blue box hanging on the wall outside of the LJHS office. And lastly, join us in thanking ANNE LAMBSON, our BoxTops Coordinator. We truly appreciate the effort and the money for our kids and school! Questions? Contact Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEER NEEDS - PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!
- Crossing Guard at Bryant & Jean Intersection - We are still looking for parents to help children crossing at the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and many parents have called the school with concern. Can you help, either before or after school gets out? Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- Lunch Monitor: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.
- Want to help but don’t see anything that fits your availability or interests? We can find something for you! You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- See the PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or the LJHS WEBSITE for more information
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!