- Tue. May 16, 8pm: Ballots due in ballot box (library or behind City Hall)
- May 18-19, 25-26, 7pm @ LJHS: Shakesplosion -- our spring school play!
- Fri. May 19th: Deadline for submitting your name for consideration to be a Parent Club Executive Board member-in-training for the 2018-19 school year
- Wed. May 24, 9:30am @ LJHS: Volunteer Appreciation Tea and Parent Club meeting -- please join us! We'll also vote on next year's budget + executive board positions.
We just closed out our fundraiser for the spring, the hanging flower basket sales! We sold 150 baskets and raised $1600 for the school and our students. Thank you to everyone who participated and a HUGE thank you to Tricia Cook for organizing it all!
IT'S TIME TO VOTE!
DEADLINE IS THIS TUESDAY, MAY 16TH, 8PM
Find your ballot, vote and return it to the Library ballot box or the ballot box behind City Hall. The deadline is 8 pm Tuesday, May 16. It is now too late to mail your ballot but not too late to vote! You can watch election returns on Comcast channel 30.
- You can contact school board members with questions or go to the following websites for more information: www.loschoolsfirst.com or http://www.edline.net/pages/Lake_Oswego_School_District/About_LOSD/Facility_Improvement_Planning/Bond_Project_Package
- Message from the LOSD School Bond Committee: Vote YES on Measure 3-515 to fix and invest in our schools. Every vote counts!
Thur May 18, Fri May 19 and Thur May 25, Fri May 26 -- 7pm (doors open at 6:30) @ LJHS
Lakeridge Junior High Presents Every Play Written by William Shakespeare! The Histories, Comedies, Tragedies, Lover’s Tragedies, all of them! Join us for a night of Comedy, Drama, War, Love, and Death. All tickets are $5.00 at the door.
VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION RECEPTION & PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, May 24th, 9:30am @ LJHS
Please join us for this important & action-packed morning: 1) Volunteer Appreciation Reception (this is the time of year the staff thanks all of our wonderful parent volunteers -- be sure to come so that they can thank you!), 2) Voting on the 2017-18 budget, and 3) Voting on the 2017-18 Parent Club Executive Board positions. We hope to see you there!
- PARENT CLUB EXEC BOARD POSITIONS 2017-18: On May 24 at the Parent Club general meeting, the Parent Club Executive Board slate of positions for the 2017-18 school year will be presented for a vote. The Exec Board would also love to have people join as exec board members-in-training for the 2018-19 school year. Training positions will have minimal time commitments. The Exec Board positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Volunteer Coordinator and Fundraising Chair. If you are interested in being considered for ANY of these positions, please contact Heather Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org), LJHS Parent Club Secretary, for consideration. Any questions, please contact Janell Herman (email@example.com), LJHS Parent Club President. Deadline to submit your name for the slate is Friday, May 19, 2017.
CALLING ALL BOXTOPS!
Earning cash for our school clipping BoxTops is easy. Please check your kitchen pantry to see if you have any BoxTops and just drop them in the blue box outside the School Office. Thank you to those of you who have clipped this year. We've earned $180 and need to reach our goal of $250 (we earned $580 last year). You can help us get there!
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org