This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
IMPORTANT DATES (see details below)
- TODAY IS LAST DAY: ThoughtExchange STAR step
- March 16: Lakeridge Girls Lacrosse Fundraiser at Baja Fresh Lake Oswego
- March 30, 9:30am: Lakeridge Junior HS: Next General Parent Club Meeting
- Now through April 22: Order flower baskets as part of the LJHS spring fundraiser
DON’T FORGET TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LOSD THOUGHTEXCHANGE “STAR” STEP
The LOSD “ThoughtExchange” STAR step is open through March 6 (TODAY!). Give stars to ideas and comments from fellow community members, regarding our schools and possible changes to our facilities. Parents and other community members were already sent email invitations. If you did not get an invitation, you can click here to give your input. Please take the time to share your opinions! (You can participate in this phase even if you didn’t share your opinions in the SHARE step).
*MORE HELP IS NEEDED!* CALLING ALL AUCTION VOLUNTEERS:
River Grove’s auction is this coming weekend (March 12, Marylhurst University) and they need our help (just as they volunteer for our auction). So grab a friend and help where you can: River Grove Auction - March 12, Marylhurst University. Sign up here.
SPRING FUNDRAISER: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS!
Help us raise money for our school and buy your hanging flower baskets from LJHS this year! They are beautiful combinations of colors and flowers in a sun mix. Only $35 each and bursting with color, these are top quality baskets at a great price -- with proceeds benefits the students of Lakeridge Junior High School.
- Each basket is 12+ in diameter and filled to the brim with color.
- All online orders and money are due by Friday, April 22nd.
- Baskets will be available for pick-up at school on Friday, May 6th.
- Baskets supplied by our friends at Al's Garden Center in Sherwood, OR
- Questions? Email Carol Sarnowski and Tricia Cook.
- CLICK HERE TO ORDER ONLINE
SCHOOL CLIMATE/CULTURE SURVEY NEWS FROM THE OFFICE
Update from our school staff: We have received input from a number of families about our second annual climate and culture survey and appreciate the range of perspectives that have come forward. Your feedback, along with the data from the student survey will be shared with our School Advisory Committee (SAC) at this month’s meeting on 3.16. Parents are welcome to attend all SAC meetings and minutes from past meetings can be viewed on the SAC webpage. Our discussion will include plans to revise/refine our survey and related communications for next year’s survey as well as planned work to address trends and patterns that emerge from the survey data.
THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME TO OUR LAST PARENT CLUB MEETING AND FACILITIES OPEN FORUM
The Parent Club agreed to spend the remaining funds earned from our auction (~$16K) on the following items: advanced projection and audio capabilities for the library, eight chrome books to be checked out from the library, and equipment for the science department (compression pumps, shop lights for solar cars, and stereo microscopes). These items should be in place for students to use after spring break. THANKS to your donations to make this possible! For draft minutes from the meeting, click here. Please plan to attend our next Parent Club meeting: March 30th at 9:30 am
LAKERIDGE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS LACROSSE FUNDRAISER
Wednesday, March 16th - Baja Fresh at 17805 SW 65th Ave
Eat at Baja Fresh and mention Lakeridge High School Girls Lacrosse when ordering to support the team!
VOLUNTEER NEEDS - PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!
- Crossing Guard at Bryant & Jean Intersection - We are still looking for parents to help children crossing at the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and many parents have called the school with concern. Can you help, either before or after school gets out? Thank you Cheryl Travers for your amazing help so far! Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- Lunch Monitor: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.
Each one is worth 10 cents! Find participating BoxTops on hundreds of products. Please drop off BoxTops in the bright blue box hanging on the wall outside the LJHS office. Some are expiring soon so don't delay. If you have any questions, please contact the BoxTops Coordinator, Anne Lambson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting our school!
- Want to help but don’t see anything that fits your availability or interests? We can find something for you! You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- See the PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or the LJHS WEBSITE for more information
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!