- Wed, 3/22, 9:30 am -- Parent Club Meeting at LJHS
- Wed, 4/26, 7:00 pm -- Parent Club Meeting and Social (details to be shared as we get closer)
GOOD NEWS: The Chromebooks we purchased with Parent Club funds (thanks to our very successful Oktoberfest) have arrived and have been distributed! Teachers will now have much easier access to Chromebooks for their entire classroom -- for special projects, in-depth instruction, pre-testing, and much more.
JOIN US AT THE NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, March 22, 9:30am, Lakeridge Junior High School library
Please mark your calendars for our next Parent Club meeting -- we'll learn more about the use of Google Classroom & Synergy as well as hear from members of the LOSD Bond Committee. It's a great opportunity to ask them questions and learn more about the bond. Minutes from our last meeting can be found here.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF 8TH GRADERS
June 12, 4-8pm, 8th Grade Celebration at SuperPlay in Beaverton
This year’s LJHS 8th Grade party will be hosted on June 12, 2017 at SuperPlay in Beaverton from 4-8 pm. Students will board buses directly after school and will be dropped off at LJHS afterwards - please plan pick-up transportation accordingly. We are lucky to have the entire venue to ourselves where unlimited bowling, laser tag, and arcade games will be available. Pizza, green salad, fruit, dessert, and a variety of drinks will be served for dinner.
- Right now, the 8th Grade Celebration Committee is collecting pictures of each student to compile a slideshow which will be played on a loop during the off-site party. The slideshow is a special way to showcase each student's individuality as well as highlight the good times they've had together at LJHS. If you have not received an email asking for pictures, or would like more information about the 8th Grade Celebration, contact committee chair Amber Imes at email@example.com.
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- NEED MORE GUARDS, ESP. MON, TUE, THUR & FRI!
We are now down from 3 guards to just 1! We desperately need volunteers to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening.
- Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio to volunteer or with any questions.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org