- March 7-8: CLICK HERE to volunteer to help students with class forecasting. We have 12 slots still open!
- March 10: Volunteers Needed for the Westridge Auctions (see below)
- March 22, 7pm, LJHS: Raising Resilient Kids -- Learn how to help your tween/teen navigate academic and social pressures.
- April 4, 7-8:30pm @ LJHS: LOSD School Improvement Update
- April 9th: Deadline to submit names for open Parent Club Board positions (see below)
- April 25, 9am, LJHS, Parent Club meeting plus Q&A with LHS admin for 8th grade parents
- Coming in April: Flower Basket Fundraiser. This is our last fundraiser of the year. Look for more info from our coordinator, Sarah Howell, in the coming weeks. We'll start taking orders after Spring Break, order deadline will be April 27, and delivery will be on May 9.
- June 11: 8th grade celebration...Save the date!
FORECASTING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED NOW - PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!
THIS Wednesday March 7 & Thursday March 8 @ LJHS, many shifts available between 8:55am - 3:55pm
We still need 12 more volunteers to help current 6th and 7th graders complete their online forecasting. This is a fun, easy job and a great opportunity to interact with the kids! Forecasting will take place during Social Studies. Thank you in advance for your help! Please allow time to check in at the office before your shift. Contact Kari Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Click HERE to see available shift times and sign up. We still need 12 more volunteers!
Thank you to everyone who joined us at last week's Parent Club meeting. It was a productive meeting, with lots of questions for Principal Schultz and many good discussions. Topics included his recent trip to the Museum of Tolerance, new building status, positive culture efforts, school bus safety, upcoming Spring events and more. Click HERE for the minutes from the meeting (and HERE for financial reports) and mark your calendars for our next Parent Club meeting: April 25 @ 9am.
- OPEN 2018-19 Parent Club Board positions. Deadline to submit your name for consideration is APRIL 9. Thank you to all of you who have expressed interest! We still have some open positions and if you are interested or have any questions, please contact the Parent Club Secretary, Heather Hart @ email@example.com. We will be voting on the slate of new officers at our 4/25 general meeting.
Save the Date! 8th Grade Celebration will be on Monday, June 11th late afternoon. If you would like to volunteer or have any questions please contact Kari Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org
BOX TOPS CONTEST RESULTS
The results are in! We collected 1749 Box Tops (well over our goal of 1000!), raising $174.90 for our school. So the kids earned a treat at their next mixer. Well done everyone! We've raised $367.80 so far this year, which is fantastic. A collection is still out on the table by the office, so keep bringing those Box Tops in. And THANK YOU!
RAISING RESILIENT KIDS -- EXPERT PANEL DISCUSSION
March 22, 2018 -- 7pm at LJHS
Why should you attend this parent education panel? Being resilient is about so much more than just bouncing back, it's about navigating through. We parents want to learn how to teach our kids how to cope with whatever adversity they face. However, we don't always know the right words to say or have an idea of what action we could take. Please join our panel of psychologists, counselors and doctors as we learn about combating the stressors of today with the building blocks of resiliency.
- There will be a panel discussion and Q&A for parents.
- Admission is FREE -- parents only please; no child care provided.
- Panelists: Dr. Shannon Odell, PsyD; Dr. Bruce J. Birk, MD, FAAP; Dr. Richelle M. Neal, MD, FAAP; LJHS Counselors
- Presented by LJHS Parent Club, the LJHS Administration & Counselors, in association with Pediatric Associates NW
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR OTHER SCHOOLS' AUCTIONS
It is tradition that we help out fellow schools by offering volunteer help at each others' auctions and we have received plenty of help from others in the past. So now it is our turn to help!
Saturday, March 10, 2018, 5:45-10pm, at the World of Speed Museum in Wilsonville
Check HERE for specific sign up slots or contact Amy Kaplan (PTSO President of the Westridge PTSO) with questions: email@example.com.
LOSD SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT UPDATES
All meetings will be held at Lakeridge Junior High School
You are invited to attend any of the upcoming meetings about school improvements funded by the 2017 Bond:
1) Wednesday, April 4, 7 pm – 8:30 pm
2) Saturday, September 15, 10 am – 11:30 am
NOTE: Click HERE for more details. Childcare is provided.
ONGOING VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- STUDENT STORE: The student store would love your used printer cartridges. Please consider donating any used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 4/25/18 @ 9:00 am
- 5/23/18 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.