- Cupcake Fundraiser to Support Leukemia Research -- taking orders for April now!
- Wed, 3/22, 9:30 am -- Parent Club Meeting at LJHS
- Sat, 4/8 eve -- Volunteers needed for River Grove auction
- Wed, 4/12 -- Knife sharpening to support LJHS to be offered (more details coming soon)
- Wed, 4/26, 7:00 pm -- Parent Club Meeting and Social (details to be shared as we get closer
A NOTE FROM THE LOSD SCHOOL BOND COMMITTEE
On Saturday, March 4th, the school bond rally brought in over 150 community members – encouraging everyone to take action, raise awareness, and help pass the bond! While the school bond campaign continues to build momentum, they still need your help to spread the word and ensure its success. If you are interested in being a part of the community walks, days of action, honk and waves, phone banking, or writing letters to the editor, please contact your school ambassador at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also like and follow the Keep Lake Oswego Schools First page on Facebook for the latest updates and news:https://www.facebook.com/loschoolsfirst/
CUPCAKE FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT LEUKEMIA RESEARCH
Available for pre-order now, for delivery April 1-30
Anna Seely, a current Lakeridge Junior High School eight grader, is the Girl of the Year for the Oregon and Southwest Washington Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As a leukemia survivor, Anna is working with Kyra Bussanich of Kyra's Bake Shop to sell cupcakes that directly raise funds in support of leukemia research. These cupcakes are available for pre-order now, for pick-up from April 1 - April 30. Click here for the pre-order form, if you would like to purchase cupcakes to support this worthwhile cause.
JOIN US AT THE NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, March 22, 9:30am, Lakeridge Junior High School library
Please mark your calendars for our next Parent Club meeting -- we'll learn more about the use of Google Classroom & Synergy as well as hear from members of the LOSD Bond Committee. It's a great opportunity to ask them questions and learn more about the bond. Minutes from our last meeting can be found here.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR RIVER GROVE AUCTION
Saturday, April 8th, Marylhurst University
The auction is a vintage carnival theme with games and all. They are looking for about 25 volunteers for the first half of the evening (3:30-7:30) -- the rolls to fill include; check-in, ticket sellers, and staffing games. For the rest of the evening (starting at 7:30), they only need about 10 people for data entry, live auction runners, trackers and check out. This year they will have a break room available and will be serving a hot buffet for the volunteers. Check out the time options here.
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- NEED MORE GUARDS, ESP. MON, TUE, THUR & FRI!
We are now down from 3 guards to just 1! We desperately need volunteers to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening.
- Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio to volunteer or with any questions.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org