- THIS FRIDAY, March 16: Volunteers needed for locker spring cleaning!
- March 22, 7pm, LJHS: Raising Resilient Kids -- Learn how to help your tween/teen navigate academic and social pressures.
- April 4, 7-8:30pm @ LJHS: LOSD School Improvement Update
- April 9th: Deadline to submit names for open Parent Club Board positions (see below)
- April 25, 9am: Parent Club meeting plus Q&A with LHS admin for 8th grade parents
- Through April 26: Flower Basket Fundraiser! Open for orders now! (see below)
- June 11: 8th grade celebration...Save the date!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - LOCKER CLEAN OUT MARCH 16TH
THIS FRIDAY, March 16, 3:15-3:55pm
It’s time to do a little Spring Cleaning! Please come help our kids and staff with a short locker clean out session. SIGN UP HERE
- Speaking of clean...last week we celebrated LJHS's Classified Staff (such as secretaries, custodians, kitchen staff, educational assistants, library techs, computer techs, bus drivers, and more!) to thank them for all that they do for our students. In keeping with that show of appreciation, please remind your students to clean up after themselves at lunch and elsewhere at school. Even the smallest effort goes a long way!
RAISING RESILIENT KIDS -- EXPERT PANEL DISCUSSION
March 22, 2018 -- 7pm at LJHS
Why should you attend this parent education panel? Being resilient is about so much more than just bouncing back, it's about navigating through. We parents want to learn how to teach our kids how to cope with whatever adversity they face. However, we don't always know the right words to say or have an idea of what action we could take. Please join our panel of psychologists, counselors and doctors as we learn about combating the stressors of today with the building blocks of resiliency.
- Admission is FREE -- parents only please; no child care provided.
- There will be a panel discussion and Q&A for parents. Panelists: Dr. Shannon Odell, PsyD; Dr. Bruce J. Birk, MD, FAAP; Dr. Richelle M. Neal, MD, FAAP; LJHS Counselors
- Presented by LJHS Parent Club, the LJHS Administration & Counselors, in association with Pediatric Associates NW
SPRING FUNDRAISER: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS!
Now through April 26th
Spring is here. Brighten your patio with hanging flower baskets from LJHS this year! They are beautiful combinations of colors and flowers in a sun mix. Only $35 each and bursting with color, these are top quality baskets at a great price – and proceeds will benefit the students of Lakeridge Junior High School.
- Each basket is 12+ in diameter. They make a great Mother's Day gift! All online orders are due by Thursday, April 26th.
- Baskets will be available for pick-up at school on Weds, May 9th (2-5:30pm). Baskets are supplied by our friends at Al's Garden Center in Sherwood, OR.
- CLICK HERE to order now
OPEN PARENT CLUB BOARD POSITIONS
OPEN 2018-19 Parent Club Board positions. Deadline to submit your name for consideration is APRIL 9. Thank you to all of you who have expressed interest! We still have some open positions and if you are interested or have any questions, please contact the Parent Club Secretary, Heather Hart @ firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be voting on the slate of new officers at our 4/25 general meeting.
LOSD SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT UPDATES
All meetings will be held at Lakeridge Junior High School
You are invited to attend any of the upcoming meetings about school improvements funded by the 2017 Bond:
1) Wednesday, April 4, 7 pm – 8:30 pm
2) Saturday, September 15, 10 am – 11:30 am
NOTE: Click HERE for more details. Childcare is provided.
8TH GRADE CELEBRATION
Save the Date! 8th Grade Celebration will be on Monday, June 11th late afternoon. If you would like to volunteer or have any questions please contact Kari Curry at email@example.com
ONGOING VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- STUDENT STORE: The student store would love your used printer cartridges. Please consider donating any used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 4/25/18 @ 9:00 am
- 5/23/18 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.