- Feb 5-16: Box Tops Contest!
- Feb 7, 6:30-9pm: Lakeridge High School Open House for 8th graders and their parents
- February 24, 4-11pm: Volunteers needed for the Forest Hills auction
- March 10, 5:45-10pm: Volunteers needed for the Westridge auction
- March 22, 7pm, LJHS: Raising Resilient Kids -- Expert Panel Discussion
- April 4, 7-8:30pm, LJHS: LOSD School Improvement Update
- Student Store: Need TWO more volunteers (Wednesdays at B Lunch or Thursdays at C lunch)
PARENT CLUB MEETING RECAP
Thank you to everyone who attended our Parent Club on Wednesday. We heard from Principal Schultz on our Seeing/Making/Doing space process as well as from LOSD's Randy Miller about the plans for the new LJHS building. See the full MEETING MINUTES to see what we discussed. For details on the district's plans, check out the 2017 Bond site and attend the community forums the district offers (next one is April 4th, 7-8:30pm at LJHS).
- And mark your calendars for our NEXT Parent Club meeting: February 28th @ 9am.
GET YOUR BOX TOPS READY!
Get ready for our next Box Tops contest! For this contest, if we collect 1,000 Box Tops, the Parent Club will bring treats to an upcoming all-school mixer!
- Turn in Box Tops to the labeled containers outside the office -- please make sure Box Tops are current, not expired.
- Box Tops can be found on everyday items and are an easy way to support Lakeridge Junior High.
- Questions? Contact Tammi Olund at email@example.com.
HIGH SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE FOR 8TH GRADERS & THEIR PARENTS
February 7, 6:30 - 9:00 pm at Lakeridge High School
8th graders and their parents are invited to attend LHS's open house and see why Lakeridge High School has again earned the Oregon Department of Education's Highest Rating:
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm: Open House Activities (athletes info, faculty meet & greet)
- 7:05 - 7:50 pm: General Session in Auditorium (Principal's welcome, student speakers, student performances)
- 8:00 - 9:00 pm: Tours & Panel for Students (students and any "shopping" parents are invited to special time with current Pacers)
- 8:00 - 9:00 pm: Forecasting Information for Parents (counselors will provide detailed information about forecasting for classes)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR OTHER SCHOOLS' AUCTIONS
It is tradition that we help out fellow schools by offering volunteer help at each others' auctions and we have received plenty of help from others in the past. So now it is our turn to help!
- FOREST HILLS ELEMENTARY
Saturday, February 24, 2018, 4:00-11pm, at the Benson Hotel in Portland
They would love approximately 20 volunteers to work varying shifts. All volunteers will be provided with dinner at the Benson. Contact Jen Gozdowski Brown with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-810-4592
- WESTRIDGE ELEMENTARY
Saturday, March 10, 2018, 5:45-10pm, at the World of Speed Museum in Wilsonville
Check HERE for specific sign up slots or contact Amy Kaplan (PTSO President of the Westridge PTSO) with questions: email@example.com.
RAISING RESILIENT KIDS -- EXPERT PANEL DISCUSSION
March 22, 2018 -- 7pm at LJHS
How do we raise kids who can clear more of their own obstacles and get back up when they run full speed into ones they didn't see? Please join us for a panel discussion and Q&A for parents on Raising Resilient Kids. Admission is FREE -- parents only please; no child care provided.
- Panelists: Dr. Shannon Odell, PsyD; Dr. Bruce J. Birk, MD, FAAP; Dr. Richelle M. Neal, MD, FAAP; LJHS Counselors
- Presented by LJHS Parent Club, the LJHS Administration & Counselors, in association with Pediatric Associates NW.
LOSD SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT UPDATES
All meetings will be held at Lakeridge Junior High School
You are invited to attend any of the upcoming meetings about school improvements funded by the 2017 Bond:
1) Wednesday, April 4, 7 pm – 8:30 pm
2) Saturday, September 15, 10 am – 11:30 am
NOTE: Click HERE for more details. Childcare is provided.
OTHER VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- STUDENT STORE: *NEED TWO MORE VOLUNTEERS* Looking for a parent volunteer on Wednesdays at B lunch (12:40-1:10) and on Thursdays at C lunch (12:55-1:25). Please EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Also, don't forget to donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.