- Wed 1/25, 9:30, LJHS library -- Parent Club meeting
- School Crossing Guards -- Still need more guards (7:20-8am)
- Sat, 2/4, 5-9pm or 7-11pm -- Volunteers needed for the Westridge Auction
- Tue, 2/14, 7:30-9am -- Drop off cookies/candy for staff for Valentine's Day
PARENT CLUB MEETING
THIS Wednesday, January 25, 9:30am -- LJHS library
All parents are welcome to join us for the first Parent Club meeting of the year. We'll get an update from Principal Schultz on the school start times committee and we'll hear from Mr. Zurcher about the new science standards. Won't you join us? You can also check out our past meeting minutes and financial reports online.
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- NEED MORE GUARDS, ESP. MON, TUE, THUR & FRI!
We are now down from 3 guards to just 1! We desperately need volunteers to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening.
- Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am.
- Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio to volunteer or with any questions.
NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR WESTRIDGE AUCTION
Saturday, February 4th, 5-9pm or 7-11pm @ Langdon Farms Golf Club
Westridge Elementary is hoping for 10-12 volunteers from LJHS (5-6 volunteers across two shifts, from 5-9pm and 7-11pm) to help with their annual fundraising auction on Saturday, February 4 at Langdon Farms Golf Club. Please contact Julie Davidson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are able to help. Roles to be assigned later and will include the usual registration, raffle sales, will call and tear down so if you have a preference please also indicate that. Thank you for your help!
VALENTINE'S DAY STAFF COOKIE/CANDY EXCHANGE
Tuesday, February 14th -- Drop off cookies/candy between 7:30-9am
Please help us celebrate our wonderful teachers and staff members by contributing to our Parent Club-sponsored Valentine's Day cookie and candy bar scheduled for Tuesday Feb. 14th. Please bring to school 2+ dozen of your favorite cookies or a large bag of candy between 7:30-9:00am on the 14th. Throughout the day, teachers and staff members will be able to put together their own treat trays to bring home and share with their families. Please sign up to indicate what you'll be bringing. Thanks for your help!
Sign Up Here
Last year we earned nearly $400 from BoxTops and this year we've earned $267 to date. So keep the BoxTops coming - they really do make a difference! Thank you for your support!
- Did you know there are more ways to earn BoxTops funds for our school than just clipping box tops? It is easy to register on the BoxTops for Education website at www.btfe.com as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200, or just search using our name and city. There you can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores and participating products. So login now to enter and thank you for earning BoxTops for our school! Also don't forget the bright blue box hanging outside the school office for all the BoxTops you've already clipped. Thank you!
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com