- THIS Saturday 1/20 at 10am: LOSD school improvement update meeting at LJHS
- NEXT Wednesday 1/24 at 9am: Parent Club meeting in the LJHS library
- Student Store: need one more volunteer (Thursdays at C-lunch) -- see below for details
- Saturday, March 4: volunteers needed for the Westridge auction -- see below for details
LOSD SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT UPDATES
All meetings will be held at Lakeridge Junior High School
You are invited to attend any of the three upcoming meetings about school improvements funded by the 2017 Bond:
1) Saturday, January 20, 10 am – 11:30 am
2) Wednesday, April 4, 7 pm – 8:30 pm
3) Saturday, September 15, 10 am – 11:30 am
NEXT PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, January 24th, 9am in the LJHS library
Come hear from Principal Kurt Schultz and LOSD's Randy Miller talk about updates on the school bond and building plans as well as updates on our Seeing/Making/Doing space at LJHS. We hope to see you there!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE WESTRIDGE AUCTION
Saturday, March 10, 2018, 5:45-10pm, at the World of Speed Museum in Wilsonville
It is tradition that we help out fellow schools by offering volunteer help at each others' auctions and we have received plenty of help from others in the past. So now it is our turn to help! Check HERE for specific sign up slots or contact Amy Kaplan (PTSO President of the Westridge PTSO) with questions: email@example.com.
OTHER VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- STUDENT STORE: *NEED ONE MORE VOLUNTEER* Looking for a parent volunteer on Thursdays at C lunch (12:55-1:25). Please EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Also, don't forget to donate your used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision -- without enough lunch monitors, the kids don't get outside play time. It is super easy and doesn't take much time. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 1/24/18 @ 9:00 am
- 2/28/18 @ 9:00 am
- 4/23/18 @ 7:00 pm
- 5/23/17 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.