- School Crossing Guards: Still looking for guards (7:20-8am) -- see below for details
- Wed 1/25, 9:30, LJHS library -- Parent Club meeting
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- NEED MORE GUARDS
We are now down from 3 guards to just 1! We desperately need volunteers to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening.
- Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am.
- Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio to volunteer or with any questions.
PARENT CLUB MEETING
Wednesday, January 25, 9:30am -- LJHS library
All parents are welcome to join us for the first Parent Club meeting of the year. We'll get an update from Principal Schultz on the school start times committee and we'll hear from Mr. Zurcher about the new science standards. Plus we're hoping to get some information on how to use Google Classroom (how it is used, how parents can access it, and what it provides our students). Mark your calendars and join us!
STUDENT STORE UPDATE
- Does your 8th grader need a tri-fold project board for their big science project? They are available at the student store so come by to purchase one this week!
- Check out the new long-sleeved Lakeridge spirit wear available at the LJHS Student Store! We have a new unisex grey hoodie ($30), a new girls’ scoop neck sweatshirt ($40), and more of the popular ‘trucker’ style hats ($22) and beanie caps ($15). Come visit the Powerhouse School Store during all 3 lunch periods. We accept cash or checks (made payable to LJHS Parent Club). Questions? Email: email@example.com
LUNCH MONITORS NEEDED
In the LJHS cafeteria
Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Click here to sign up.
Did you know there are more ways to earn BoxTops funds for our school than just clipping box tops? It is easy to register on the BoxTops for Education website at www.btfe.com as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200, or just search using our name and city. There you can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores and participating products. So login now to enter and thank you for earning BoxTops for our school! Also don't forget the bright blue box hanging outside the school office for all the BoxTops you've already clipped. Thank you!
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org