This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
IMPORTANT DATES (see details below)
- February 26-March 6: ThoughtExchange STAR step is open
- March 16: Lakeridge Girls Lacrosse Fundraiser at Baja Fresh Lake Oswego
- March 30, 9:30am: Lakeridge Junior HS: Next General Parent Club Meeting
THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME TO LAST WEEK'S PARENT CLUB MEETING AND FACILITIES OPEN FORUM
The Parent Club agreed to spend the remaining funds earned from our auction (~$16K) on the following items: advanced projection and audio capabilities for the library, eight chrome books to be checked out from the library, and equipment for the science department (compression pumps, shop lights for solar cars, and stereo microscopes). These items should be in place for students to use after spring break. THANKS to your donations to make this possible! For draft minutes from the meeting, click here. Please plan to attend our next Parent Club meeting: March 30th at 9:30 am
DON’T FORGET TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LOSD THOUGHTEXCHANGE “STAR” STEP
The LOSD “ThoughtExchange” STAR step is open through March 6. Give stars to ideas and comments from fellow community members, regarding our schools and possible changes to our facilities. Parents and other community members were already sent email invitations. If you did not get an invitation, you can click here to give your input. Please take the time to share your opinions! (You can participate in this phase even if you didn’t share your opinions in the SHARE step).
LAKERIDGE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS LACROSSE FUNDRAISER
Wednesday, March 16th - Baja Fresh at 17805 SW 65th Ave
Eat at Baja Fresh and mention Lakeridge High School Girls Lacrosse when ordering to support the team!
7TH GRADE OREGON ZOO FIELD TRIP--VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Tuesday, March 8th - 8am - 2:15pm -- 7th graders
All 7th grade students will be visiting the Oregon Zoo on a science-based field trip to observe and analyze animal adaptations. They also complete activities that involve skills from their math and language arts classes. In order to make this exciting off-site learning experience possible, we need parent volunteers to help chaperon groups! The zoo requires that there be at least one adult per eight students on the trip, so if you are able and willing to join us for a day of learning and fun, sign up to help with this field trip. *Please note: volunteers will ride the buses with us to the zoo* Please email your child's 7th grade science teacher if you have any questions regarding this exciting volunteer opportunity: Brittany Larson (email@example.com), Matt Briggs (firstname.lastname@example.org), Trevor Tesar (email@example.com) Thanks in advance for helping make this happen!
AUCTION VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
There is one more auction coming up that needs our parent volunteers (just as they volunteer for our auction). So grab a friend and help where you can: River Grove Elementary Auction - March 12 - Marylhurst Universitiy. Sign up here.
VOLUNTEER NEEDS - PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!
- Crossing Guard at Bryant & Jean Intersection - We are still looking for parents to help children crossing at the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and many parents have called the school with concern. Can you help, either before or after school gets out? Thank you Cheryl Travers for your amazing help so far! Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- Lunch Monitor: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.
Each one is worth 10 cents! Find participating BoxTops on hundreds of products. Please drop off BoxTops in the bright blue box hanging on the wall outside the LJHS office. Some are expiring soon so don't delay. If you have any questions, please contact the BoxTops Coordinator, Anne Lambson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting our school!
- Want to help but don’t see anything that fits your availability or interests? We can find something for you! You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- See the PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or the LJHS WEBSITE for more information
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!