- THIS Wed, 2/22, 6:30pm -- Parent Club meeting
- THIS Wed, 2/22, 7:00pm -- "Screenagers" movie showing and discussion
- School Crossing Guards -- Still need more guards (7:20-8am)
- SAVE THE DATE: 4/26 -- Parent Social (details to be shared as we get closer)
Thank you to all of those who contributed cookies/candy/treats for the staff on Valentine's Day! The staff truly appreciated all of your efforts!
"SCREENAGERS" MOVIE SHOWING
THIS Wednesday, February 22 -- 6:30 meeting, 7:00 movie -- LJHS --
ALL PARENTS & STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO COME
Lakeridge Junior High and the LJHS Parent Club are excited to offer a screening of the documentary Screenagers followed by roundtable discussions of topics brought up in the film. Parents are encouraged to bring their children because watching the film together can be a good way to start a productive dialogue about screen time common sense. Parents who have seen it say it depends on the maturity of your kid, but 4th grade and up seem to be the appropriate age for many. The movie is about 70 minutes long. You can see a trailer and read more at the website for Screenagers here at http://www.screenagersmovie.com/ and check out the reviews on Common Sense Media here.
- NOTE: We'll have a brief Parent Club meeting before the movie. We'd love to see you for that too -- and it's a great way to claim a great seat!
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- NEED MORE GUARDS, ESP. MON, TUE, THUR & FRI!
We are now down from 3 guards to just 1! We desperately need volunteers to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening.
- Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio to volunteer or with any questions.
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org