- THIS Tue, 2/14, 7:30-9am -- Drop off cookies/candy for staff for Valentine's Day
- Wed, 2/22, 6:30pm -- Parent Club meeting
- Wed, 2/22, 7:00pm -- "Screenagers" movie showing and discussion
- School Crossing Guards -- Still need more guards (7:20-8am)
- SAVE THE DATE: 4/26 -- Parent Social (details to be shared as we get closer)
VALENTINE'S DAY STAFF COOKIE/CANDY EXCHANGE
Tuesday, February 14th -- Drop off cookies/candy between 7:30-9am -- THERE WILL BE A CART IN FRONT OF THE OFFICE FOR YOU TO PUT YOUR TREATS!
Thanks to all who have already signed up to help us celebrate our wonderful teachers and staff members by contributing to our Parent Club-sponsored Valentine's Day cookie and candy bar scheduled for Tuesday Feb. 14th. Please bring to school 2+ dozen of your favorite cookies or a large bag of candy between 7:30-9:00am on the 14th. Throughout the day, teachers and staff members will be able to put together their own treat trays to bring home and share with their families. Please sign up to indicate what you'll be bringing.
"SCREENAGERS" MOVIE SHOWING
Wednesday, February 22 -- 6:30 meeting, 7:00 movie -- LJHS
Lakeridge Junior High and the LJHS Parent Club are excited to offer a screening of the documentary Screenagers followed by roundtable discussions of topics brought up in the film. Please join us for this exciting event -- and bring your middle schooler too. Watch for more details about the film and a chance to RSVP as the date approaches. In the meantime, you can see a trailer and read more at the website for Screenagers here at http://www.screenagersmovie.com/ and check out the reviews on Common Sense Media here.
- NOTE: We'll have a brief Parent Club meeting before the movie. We'd love to see you for that too -- and it's a great way to claim a great seat!
CALLING ALL CROSSING GUARDS
M-F, 7:20-8:00 am -- NEED MORE GUARDS, ESP. MON, TUE, THUR & FRI!
We are now down from 3 guards to just 1! We desperately need volunteers to help children cross the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and this will help prevent any further accidents from happening.
- Can you help? Shifts are from 7:20-8:00am. Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio to volunteer or with any questions.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at email@example.com