Here is the latest news from the Lakeridge JH Parent Club:Thank you to all those who turned out for the Resiliency Panel. We hope that you found it to be informative and that you left with some tools that will help you support your child.
Our next Parent Education night is scheduled for March 12th and will feature Tara Rolstadt of Shattering Stigma. Tara will be meeting with students that week during their Health and PE periods to talk to them about mental health awareness and resources. Her parent talk will be a complement to the classroom discussions.
The BOX TOP contest ends this Friday so please get those box tops in this week. Finally, we are planning for next year and have a number of Parent Volunteer leadership positions available. Maybe you are just the right person!
Please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- February 15th: Deadline for Box-Top Turn-In
- March 12th, 7:00PM: Parent Education Night: Shattering Stigma with Tara Rolstadt. An evening focused on mental health awareness.
- FORECASTING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Monday, March 4th and Tuesday, March 5th at LJHS. Many shifts are available between 9AM-3:55PM. Volunteers are needed to help current 6th and 7th graders complete their online forecasting. This is a fun, easy job and a great opportunity to interact with the kids. Forecasting takes place in the Computer Labs. Thank you in advance for your help. To see available shifts and Sign-up, CLICK HERE. For questions, contact Lynne Thompson at LLCThompson@mac.com
- 6th GRADE ART LIT TRAINING: It's not too late to lend a hand with Art Lit. No Art Lit experience is necessary. The next training session is Tuesday, February 12th from 9:00AM to 10:30AM in room 16. Please contact the 6th grade Art Lit coordinators if interested in helping out. E-mail Andrea Tongue at email@example.com or Jennie Petersen at JenPete22@gmail.com.
- Are you interested in a Parent Club Board or Chair Position? We are looking for President Elect or Co-Presidents Elect, 6th Grade Art Lit Coordinator, Hospitality Chairs and a Back to School BBQ Chair. Please submit your name, area of interest and any questions to Parent Club Volunteer Coordinator, Lynne Thompson at LLCThompson@mac.com
- Box Tops: We still need 3 parents to volunteer to help count Box Tops. If interested please CLICK HERE to sign-up or contact Tammi Olund at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be posting upcoming volunteer opportunities each week. Contact Lynne Thompson, our Volunteer Coordinator with questions at email@example.com.
BOX TOP CONTEST
Last Week for Box Top Contest: The Box Tops 4 Education ends this Friday, February 15th. The advisory class in 6th, 7th and 8th grade that collects the most Box Tops will win treats for the whole class. Box Top collection jars are located outside the school office for each grade. Be sure that Box Tops are in baggies or envelopes labeled with your student's advisory teacher. No expired Box Tops, please. The Box Tops we collect become funds Lakeridge Junior High can use.
School Store News: Please remember that your used printer cartridges are always welcome at the school store. Get that clutter off your desk and have your student drop off your used cartridges at the school office. These are exchanged for credit through the Staples Reward Program. Win-Win! Join the Parent Club Today: We are a community of families who are dedicated to the education and success of our children. For a $35 membership you receive access to the LJHS Parent Club ONLINE Directory, voting privileges on 2018-19 general Parent Club decisions AND your dues support student and parent educational opportunities throughout the year. If you haven't yet joined, please click here and make it official. We would love to have 100% participation from our Lakeridge Parent Club families.
Parnet Club General Meeting Schedule: For a calendar view of LJHS Parent Club events and meetings please click HERE. March 12th, 7:00PM: Shattering Stigma Parent Education Night April 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Informational meeting on Local Option Levy, School Board Candidates, and Parent Club Board Officer Slate.May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. Election of Parent Club Officers and Parent Club Volunteer Tea.
Your 2018-2019 LJHS Parent Club Executive Board:
Ashley Krause and Tamara Divergilio, Co-Presidents
Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carnese, Co-Vice President
Zsu Winston, Treasurer
Lynne Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator
Lara James, Secretary