Here is the latest news from the Lakeridge JH Parent Club: The portables have arrived and in just three weeks Winter Break will begin. December is going to fly by and here is some of what is on tap for our parent club.
Please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- December 12th Parent Club Meeting 9:00AM - 10:30AM
- December 12th Parent Club Meeting 9:00AM - 10:30AM: We will be hearing from Principal Schultz on the latest plans about moving out of West Campus and into portables, construction timelines, as well as changes to parking due to construction.
- Locker Clean-Up: Help our kids and staff wrap up before the break with a short locker clean out session on Friday, December 14th. Volunteers are needed to help supervise locker clean up, assist with crowd control in the hallways/pods and keep students focused on the task at hand. They will also help the kids get all their belonging to the correct locations (recycle bins, their backpack, garbage cans, donation bins, library, etc.) Feel free to talk to and engage with the students during this activity. When students are done, please direct them back to their classrooms. Please contact Lynne Thompson at LLCthompson@mac.com with any questions. SIGN UP HERE
- Staff Holiday Cookie & Treat Bar: Please help us celebrate our wonderful staff by contributing to our Parent Club sponsored Holiday Cookie/Treat Bar. Parents are asked to bring 2+ dozen of their favorite holiday cookie or treat to school between 8:00 and 10:00am on Thursday, December 20th. Throughout the day, staff will be able to put together their own cookie trays to bring home and share with their families. Thanks you for helping support our hardworking LJHS community! Please SIGN UP HERE and indicate what you’ll be bringing.
- School Store Help Needed: Our awesome school store is need of volunteers and has several shifts available. Contact Susan Stohl at firstname.lastname@example.org for details if you would like to help during any one of the below shifts.
- Every other Monday "A" Lunch 11:44- 12:14
- Every Monday "C" Lunch 1:35 - 2:05
- Every other Thursday "A" Lunch 11:21 - 11:51
- We will be posting upcoming volunteer opportunities each week. Contact Lynne Thompson, our Volunteer Coordinator with questions at email@example.com.
- FA-LA-LA-LA-LAKERIDGE. Shop the School Store Open House! Need a stocking stuffer or some new LJHS swag for your student? We are having a secret Parents Only Holiday Open House! Enjoy coffee and sweet treats while you shop our bundled and wrapped items or grab one of our new hoodies. check us out Wednesday December 12th before and immediately after the Parent Club Meeting AND Thursday, December 13th from 9AM - 11AM. Cash, Credit and Checks Accepted!
- The school store also has copies of our School Directory available for sale.
- Please remember that your used printer cartridges are always welcome at the school store. Get that clutter off your desk and have your student drop off your used cartridges at the school office. These are exchanged for credit through the Staples Reward Program. Win-Win!
- Barn Bash Party Boards: For those who didn't sign up at Barn Bash, the Casino Royale Party has a few openings left! Enjoy a Las Vegas experience with regulation size gaming tables for Black Jack and Roulette as well as experienced dealers to create an exciting and unique party experience! Get your friends and sign up for a fun night of food, drinks and prizes! Sign up online here: Click Here
- Can you believe the holidays are right around the corner? Did you know that when you shop you can also support LJHS Parent Club. Please remember to choose the Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club as the charity of your choice when you shop through the Amazon Smile Program. Just go to smile.amazon.com and sign up. Then choose Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club. A portion of every order will come to us. Shopping through the smile program is exactly the same as shopping on the normal Amazon website. It's another Win-Win!
- ¡Bienvenidos a Peru! Dine out or take-out at Chipotle at Centerpointe off Kruse Way on Tuesday, December 11th between 4PM and 8PM and support Lakeridge JH Students headed to Cusco, Peru this summer. If you go remember to say that you are supporting LJHS Spanish students and 33% of the proceeds will be donated.
LJHS Parent Club - General Meeting Schedule: For a calendar view of LJHS Parent Club events and meetings please click HERE.
December 12th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Update on new building, move from W. campus & parking
January 23rd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Embracing Different
February 5th/6th: 7:00PM Parent Education Night. Shattering Stigma
March 13th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
April 24th: 9:00AM - 10:30AM in the library. Topic TBD
May 22nd: 9:00AM - 10:30AM. End of year Parent Club Tea