This is your weekly email from your Lakeridge Junior High PARENT CLUB (our version of a Parent-Teacher organization.) We’ll keep you up-to-date on our events and ways to get involved.
Just one more week until Winter Break! Check out the information below on the remaining events this week, plus visit the new online site of our Student Store -- there are many Pacer gift items for sale!
- MONDAY IS THE LAST DAY, Dec 14: GIFT CARD Drive
- THIS THURSDAY, Dec 17: Staff/Teacher Cookie Exchange
- January 27th, 6:30pm: Next General Parent Club Meeting
- February 17th: Lake Oswego Schools Foundation Luncheon
SNOWFLAKE GIFT CARD DRIVE - 1 DAY LEFT - we need a few more!
Through tomorrow - MONDAY, December 14 (extended so that we could accept more)
We are collecting gift cards, cash or checks (made out to LJHS), which will be given to LJHS families who are in need of a little extra assistance this holiday season. Cards for groceries, toys, restaurants, etc. are greatly appreciated! Fred Meyer and Target are great because they cover lots of different needs. Donations can be brought to the office and placed in the Gift Card Collection Bin. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
STAFF/TEACHER COOKIE/TREAT BAR
Thursday, December 17
Please help us celebrate our wonderful teachers and staff members by contributing to our Parent Club-sponsored Holiday Cookie/Treat Bar, scheduled for Thursday, December 17th. Each participating parents is asked to bring 2 (or more) dozen of their favorite homemade holiday cookies or treats to the school by 9am on the morning of the event. Throughout the day, teachers and staff members will be able to put together their own cookie trays to bring home to share with their families. Sign up here. Thank you in advance for making this time of year extra special for our hardworking Lakeridge community!
POWERHOUSE SCHOOL STORE IS NOW ONLINE!
Fill your Pacer’s stockings with quality apparel and gifts this season, and fill our hearts with joy! The popular school store now has an online shop for Spirit Wear and is well stocked with everything from duffel bags to t-shirts, water bottles to Pacer socks, and more!
Special gifts for Pacers on your lists:
- Pacer tube and crew socks, only $10!
- Pacer soap, only $5!
- Pacer cuddle rugs in blue or pink, $35!
Click here to start shopping - easily pay by debit or credit card. Will-call pick-up or delivery available on all items. Questions or comments to PowerHouse Coordinator Nilla Persson (email@example.com)
PROBLEMS AT THE BRYANT AND JEAN INTERSECTION!
A HUGE thank you to parent volunteer, Cheryl Travers, for helping out at this week!! BUT she can't do it all the time, so we still need more volunteers. Can you help? We are looking for parents to help children crossing at the intersection of Bryant and Jean roads. The visibility is extremely poor and many parents have called the school with concern. Can you help, either before or after school gets out? Contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
EASY WAYS TO HELP THE SCHOOL:
- BRING IN YOUR BOX TOPS: Each one is worth 10 cents! Find participating BoxTops on hundreds of products. Please drop off BoxTops in the bright blue box hanging on the wall outside the LJHS office. Some are expiring soon so don't delay. If you have any questions, please contact the BoxTops Coordinator, Anne Lambson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BE A LUNCH MONITOR: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity and outside supervision. It is super easy and doesn’t take much time. Three people needed every full school day. Schedule your preferred days and times. Sign up here.
SAVE THE DATE: LOSD FOUNDATION LUNCHEON
February 17th at the Oregon Golf Club
Tickets will go on sale in January. The keynote speaker is Rob Franek, Senior Vice President-Publisher at The Princeton Review. Rob is lead author or co-author of: The Best 397 Colleges, Colleges That Pay Your Back: The 200 Best Value Colleges and What It Takes to Get In, and The U Fits: Expert Advice on Finding the Right College and Getting Accepted. He has appeared over a dozen times on NBC "Today," as well as on ABC "Good Morning America," CBS "This Morning," and on several FOX, CNN, and NPR programs. The luncheon is sure to sell out, so be sure to purchase your tickets as soon as they go on sale.
- Want to help but don’t see anything that fits your availability or interests? We can find something for you! You can sign up here or contact Kari Curry or Tamara DiVergilio with questions.
- See the PARENT CLUB WEBSITE or the LJHS WEBSITE for more information
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!