- THIS WEEK: Wed, 4/12 -- Knife sharpening at LJHS to support the school
- Fri 4/21 -- Last day to order flowers through our final fundraiser of the year
- Wed, 4/26, 7:00-8:30 pm @ Hop N Cork -- Parent Club Meeting and Social
- Cupcake Fundraiser to Support Leukemia Research -- taking orders for April delivery!
GARDEN TOOL & KNIFE SHARPENING FUNDRAISER
THIS Wednesday, April 12, 8am - 4pm, LJHS
Sponsored by the LJHS Parent Club and the Hennelly Family
- Drop off and pick up between 8am-4pm -- on the east side of campus, by the main gym
- Bring your knives, scissors, garden tools, shovels, pruners, etc.
- Cost: $5 each for knives, $6 each for scissors, $7 each for garden tools
- 50% of proceeds go to Lakeridge Junior High School
- Checks and cash preferred; cards accepted
- Questions? Contact Jon at Edgemaster Mobile Sharpening, 503-999-3334
*NEW* MESSAGE FROM THE LOSD SCHOOL BOND COMMITTEE
As the proposed May 2017 school bond inches ever closer, the time to take action and help support the bond effort is now. Throughout the month of April, there are many opportunities to get involved in the community and help pass this important investment for our future! From community walks on April 22nd and April 29th to honk and wave events at your school, we ask that you join the cause and support the May 2017 school bond. For more information or to get involved, please contact your school ambassadors at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be social with us! Like and follow the Keep Lake Oswego Schools First Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/loschoolsfirst/.
SPRING FUNDRAISER: HANGING FLOWER BASKETS!
Now through April 21st
Help us raise money for our school and buy your hanging flower baskets from LJHS this year -- they make a great Mother's Day gift! They are beautiful combinations of colors and flowers in a sun mix. Only $35 each and bursting with color, these are top quality baskets at a great price -- with proceeds benefits the students of Lakeridge Junior High School.
- Each basket is 12+ in diameter and filled to the brim with color
- All online orders and money are due by Friday, April 21st.
- Baskets will be available for pick-up at school on Thur, May 11th (2-5:30pm).
- Baskets supplied by our friends at Al's Garden Center in Sherwood, OR
- Questions? Email Tricia Cook.
PARENT SOCIAL - PLEASE JOIN US!
Mark your calendars for our next Parent Club meeting - and SOCIAL - on April 26th at Hop N Cork (17450 Lower Boones Ferry Rd) from 7-8:30pm. The meeting will be super quick! We hope to see you there.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE STUDENT STORE
The LJHS Student Store needs your help -- especially during B lunch from 11:40-12:10, Mondays and Fridays through the end of the year. Training will be provided. If you're interested or if you have questions, please contact Sarah Connolly at email@example.com or (720) 219-9225.
CUPCAKE FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT LEUKEMIA RESEARCH
Available for pre-order now, for delivery April 1-30
Anna Seely, a current Lakeridge Junior High School eight grader, is the Girl of the Year for the Oregon and Southwest Washington Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As a leukemia survivor, Anna is working with Kyra Bussanich of Kyra's Bake Shop to sell cupcakes that directly raise funds in support of leukemia research. These cupcakes are available for pre-order now, for pick-up from April 1 - April 30. Click here for the pre-order form to purchase cupcakes to support this worthwhile cause.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org