- Saturday, May 5, 9am - 1pm @ LJHS: Mental Health: What Parents Need to Know. RSVP HERE
- NEXT WEEK (May 7-11): Staff Appreciation Week! SIGN UP HERE
- Wednesday, May 9, 2-5:30pm @ LJHS: Pick up previously-ordered flower baskets
- Wednesday, May 23, 9am @ LJHS: Final Parent Club meeting and Volunteer Appreciation Tea
LAST WEEK'S PARENT CLUB MEETING
Thank you to those who came to our second-to-last Parent Club meeting of the year. We had a great turn-out!
Congratulations to our new slate of Parent Club Officers!
- Co-Presidents: Tamara DiVergilio and Ashley Krause
- Co-Vice Presidents: Sarah Howell and Kirsten Carnese
- Secretary: Lara James
- Treasurer: Zsuzsanna Winston
- Volunteer Coordinator: Lynne Thompson
MENTAL HEALTH: WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW
Presented by the LJHS Parent Club and Shattering Stigma with Stories
THIS Saturday, May 5, 9am - 1pm, at LJHS
Anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges can happen to our kids or to their friends. It can be hard to understand or know how to help. Join us for this half-day conference to learn more about kids and depression, anxiety, thoughts of suicide and other mental health issues kids may face, as well as what to look for and how to get help. Panel discussion and sessions will be led by professionals from three different Lake Oswego-area clinics as well as school district personnel.
Areas of focus will include:
- Panel discussion on stress, depression, and anxiety,
- Personal stories about depression, self-harm, anxiety, ADHD, and autism
- Expert breakout sessions and presentations on suicide & self-harm, anxiety disorders, working with the school to support your child, coping skills for kids AND parents, as well as practical strategies for helping when mental illness happens to someone you care about.
- This event is free of charge.
- Parents only please. No childcare provided.
- For more information, contact email@example.com or conference director Tara Rolstad at Tara@tararolstad.com.
LJHS STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK
Please show your appreciation for our “Sun-sational” teachers, staff, and administrators by signing up to bring them food or drinks during the week. This year they will experience a sun-filled week of food and treats! Our hospitality team coordinates the theme and donated goods for the week. Can you help? Your efforts will be most appreciated! Please contact Kari Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. SIGN UP HERE
FLOWER BASKET DELIVERY
Wednesday, May 9, 2-5:30pm @ LJHS
THANK YOU to everyone who ordered flower baskets as part of our final fundraiser of the year! We sold 178 baskets, well over our target of 150. Remember to mark your calendars to pick up previously-ordered flower baskets during the designated times. NOTE: There will be a limited selection available on a first come, first served basis during the pick-up time frame (cash or check only).
ONGOING VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- LUNCH MONITORS: Be a part of your child's day by spending half an hour at school for lunchtime activity. Three people needed during each lunch period (3), every full school day. FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP OR JUST DROP IN! Click HERE for the daily schedule. "A" lunch is for 6th graders only and "B" and "C" lunches are for 7th/8th graders. Come for one shift or all 3!
- STUDENT STORE: The student store would love your used printer cartridges. Please consider donating any used printer cartridges to the Student Store to help benefit our Staples Rewards Program.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Kari Curry
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
The Parent Club is Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fundraisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids!
- Parent Club Meetings Schedule: Open to all! Check out the full Parent Club calendar here.
- 5/23/18 @ 9:00 am
- How to Get Involved & Support the School
- Join the Parent Club: ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges -- plus your dues will support students & staff!
- Volunteer: options include Oktoberfest, student store, art literacy, lunch monitor, hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip - Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: When you sign up for AmazonSmile, make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... when you shop via smile.amazon.com, the Parent Club gets a donation!
- Your 2017-2018 Parent Club Board Members:
- Check out our website for more information.