- THIS WEEK: Staff Appreciation Week -- see below for ways you can help!
- Sat. May 6, 10am-1pm, LOJH -- Community walk to show support for the Lake Oswego School Bond
- Thur. May 11, 2-5:30pm @ LJHS: Pick up your purchased flower baskets. Questions? Arrive early for the best selection. Email Tricia Cook
- Wed. May 24, 9:30am @ LJHS: Next Parent Club meeting -- please join us!
Thank you to everyone who came out for the Parent Club social last week! Mark your calendars for our next general meeting on Wednesday, May 24th at 9:30am.
STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK IS THIS WEEK -- CAN YOU HELP?
It's that time of year to thank our wonderful teachers, staff and administrators for leading our students on the Road to Success throughout the school year. This year they will follow a culinary road map of our country as we show our thanks by providing food and treats for them during the week. Please show your appreciation by signing up for one or more slots to bring food. Your efforts are much appreciated!!
Sign Up to Help
This year's theme is "Thank you for putting us on the road to success." The staff will be taking a culinary road trip, visiting a different city each day:
- Monday - Seattle Pike's Market w/ Starbucks coffee, fruit and coffee cake.
- Tuesday - SoCal w/ salads and flavored water (think cucumber water, etc)
- Wednesday - NYC w/ Bellagio pizza and salads
- Thursday - Midwest (Des Moines, Iowa) w/ popcorn bar and candies to mix.
- Friday - Southwest/Cinco de Mayo - taco bar
FINAL COMMUNITY WALK TO SUPPORT THE LAKE OSWEGO SCHOOL BOND
THIS Saturday, May 6, 10am-1pm, LOJH
Help show your support for the Lake Oswego School Bond by joining fellow parents, students and Lake Oswego community members at the LAST community walk this Saturday, May 6th from 10am - 1pm starting at Lake Oswego Junior High School!
- For more information on how to get involved, please contact your school ambassadors at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be social with us! Like and follow the Keep Lake Oswego Schools First Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/loschoolsfirst/ -- Clinton Harper, Keep Lake Oswego Schools First
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE STUDENT STORE
The LJHS Student Store needs your help -- especially during B lunch from 11:40-12:10, Mondays and Fridays through the end of the year. Training will be provided. If you're interested or if you have questions, please contact Sarah Connolly at email@example.com or (720) 219-9225.
KEY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED & HELP THE SCHOOL
- Join the Parent Club ($35/family): get access to the online directory & voting privileges
- Volunteer: options include art literacy, lunch monitor (you can pick a day/time that works best for you), hospitality, library, chaperones, etc.
- Make a direct donation: All funds support the students, staff, and related events.
- Sign up for eScrip: Enroll your grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and the Parent Club receives a percentage of your purchase from participating merchants and local restaurants. Sign up online and specify Lakeridge Junior High School Parent Club (Group ID 8567690) as the group you will support.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile: You just sign up for AmazonSmile and make "Lakeridge Junior High Parent Club" your charity of choice ... then shop at smile.amazon.com and the LJHS Parent Club will get a donation!
- Bring in BoxTops: Last year we raised $400 from BoxTops, so keep the BoxTops coming (put them in the bright blue box hanging outside of the school office)! They really do make a difference.
- You can also register on the BoxTops for Education website as a supporter of Lakeridge Junior High, school code #9677200. You can see the list of participating products, get coupons and at the "Earn BoxTops" tab enter sweepstakes, see how to download the Bonus BoxTops App to your phone, and redeem Bonus BoxTops from Costco and other stores.
ABOUT THE PARENT CLUB
Lakeridge Junior High’s version of a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We are community builders and fund raisers. Please join, come to meetings, and help us make a difference for the school and our kids! Check out our website for more information. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook! Questions? Contact our Parent Club President, Janell Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org